Nikon S3 s/n 6300001 (and other rare Nikon stuff) for sale

Is anyone (apart from Jon and me) interested in Nikon rangefinders any more? This part of the forum is much too quiet.

Wondering how many people shoot with Nikon Rangefinders world wide on regular basis? Is it even in the high hundreds?

- Tim

Wondering how many people shoot with Nikon Rangefinders world wide on regular basis? Is it even in the high hundreds?

- Tim

You can put me on the list. I have the S3 and 3.5 cm 1.8 sitting on my desk, loaded with Ilford Delta 100. I must admit it's not a daily shooter, but I try to give it some regular exercice. Quality equipment in working condition is just not meant to sit on a shelf.

The seller has sold his F2 High Speed for GBP7000. Maybe the S3 will move yet.

Is anyone (apart from Jon and me) interested in Nikon rangefinders any more? This part of the forum is much too quiet.

I'm still shooting with Nikon rangefinders - although I must admit not doing as much film as once

perhaps we need a Nikon Rangefinder Postcard project to kickstart the group?

The huge problem with Nikon rangefinders is that they are just extremely reliable cameras, not fashionable hipsters & web poseurs toys. Plus, they don't need to be serviced every two years even if unused, like [...fill that box with whatever brand you think of :p...] do, hence that forum low-noise level. :D

I have to admit that I haven't actually used my Nikon rangefinder cameras for several years now, having moved completely to digital. That said, some of my Nikkor RF lenses get an airing courtesy of Amedeo adapters on my Leica. But I still like to keep some of the cameras and occasionally exercise the shutters to keep them in trim.

I see that the first Nikon S3, that I posted the link to above, remains unsold, and that the price has dropped from £5000 to £3900.

I found this Tom Abrahamsson shade for the Nikkor 5cm f1.1 on sale on eBay. This also seems expensive to me, but not having previously seen one for sale, I don't know what they are worth.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Nik...ood-by-Tom-Abrahamsson-NHS-LQQK/203112317264?

I love the UX (User eXperience) of the Nikon RFs. Having sold most of my gear, my S2 is the one that I miss the most.

I too have moved to digital, working through using older F glass on my XE-3. Need more free time too. I wanted to buy S mount glass and use that but can't find a good adapter. Besides, I still have a few F mounts and the prices have not gone up on them (with my luck, they will once I make a decision to go that way).

B2 (;->

Nikon RF user here. My first was an S3 and various lenses purchased back in 1974, and stolen from me a year later when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Zaire — wonder where that gear is now. Later I bought a couple of S2 cameras. a number of lenses, including a Voigtlander 25mm and most recently an SP with black 5cm f/2 lens. I love how the SP looks; I”m still working out if I prefer it to the S2. I’m always interested to learn more about, and view photographs made by, the Nikon RF system,

I use my Nikon SP and Nikon S2, although recently I've moved back a bit into Contax (the RF) land. I like them both for their ease of use. They are the only manual RF cameras I can think of that you can operate one-handed, say holding an umbrella.

Also as others have said, even the collectible stuff for Nikon/Zeiss etc. is at least "semi affordable" - it has gone up quite a bit in recent times though. However, It's likely I will never own any of the rarer Leitz stuff, lack of interest aside, simply because the prices are sky high.

I guess this is the thread for rare Nikon RF auction finds...

Alright, which one of you listed their black SP and 5cm f/1.1 with original hood on ebay? Just a cool $10K...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-SP-O...877933?hash=item2f4e86286d:g:ylkAAOSwlCpfolEZ

9B0AIfJ.jpg

I guess this is the thread for rare Nikon RF auction finds...

Alright, which one of you listed their black SP and 5cm f/1.1 with original hood on ebay? Just a cool $10K...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-SP-O...877933?hash=item2f4e86286d:g:ylkAAOSwlCpfolEZ

That's a lovely external mount 5/1.1 set up. An internal mount one has gone on sale with a UK dealer. It's sold with an Amedeo adapter so the seller is hoping to appeal to a Leica owner.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-5c...nder-Amadeo-adapter-Leica-M-6bit/264935481599

Here's an interesting auction result for the Nikon RF guys! A genuine hood for the LTM version of the W-Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 lens (34.5mm filter size) sold for 45,100 JPY tonight on the Yahoo Japan auctions (link below). Its the first hood of this type I've ever seen for sale. Expensive?? I'm actually surprised it didn't sell for more.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k483749518

Try finding a genuine hood for 105 2.5 S.

I'm going for an HS-11, and even those "thin"

did you see his description?
had a laugh

OMG :eek: that's hilarious but a little unhinged for someone asking $10K for a camera...

Try finding a genuine hood for 105 2.5 S.

I'm going for an HS-11, and even those "thin"

I've seen quite a few 10.5cm S-mount lenses listed/sold with the original hood these days. I think they are very hard to find on their own, though.

The huge problem with Nikon rangefinders is that they are just extremely reliable cameras, not fashionable hipsters & web poseurs toys. Plus, they don't need to be serviced every two years even if unused, like [...fill that box with whatever brand you think of :p...] do, hence that forum low-noise level. :D

This is the truth right here lol. Unfortunately I think my time with the S3 2000 is coming to an end. I need the money and I can't justify having such an expensive kit at the moment

Back