Noblex 150 Pro loading?

shawn

Mentor
Local time
6:37 AM
Anyone with an original Noblex Pro 6/150 have any tips on loading film? This is the model with the power switch part of the shutter dial and no start button on the rear of the camera.

In all the manuals I've found it sounds like the winder will free spin at the 'S' position and then once you have the start arrows lined up you press the start button to get the camera to advance to frame 1.

On my camera there is no start button and when you advance from 6 to 'S' the camera locks the winder when it gets to 'S'. Pressing the shutter release will allow it to wind to position 1 but I don't see how to line up the start arrows at that point.

I don't have any empty film backing paper to test this with.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Shawn

I have Noblex Pro 6/150 U, I am not sure if that is the same model, but there is no start button on the rear (so must be the same as yours). I had no issues in loading it by following instructions. I can probably record a short video when I get back home after work and share it.

I have Noblex Pro 6/150 U, I am not sure if that is the same model, but there is no start button on the rear (so must be the same as yours). I had no issues in loading it by following instructions. I can probably record a short video when I get back home after work and share it.

Thanks, I just tried it again and it worked this time. I think opening the door when it is on S unlocked the winder so I could line up the start position, then close the door, hit the shutter and advance to 1.

When I was testing it yesterday it was locking when it hit S position. I think I had the door already open.

Thanks,

Shawn

The important thing is to not push the shutter button to advance to frame one until the door is closed and locked.

If you do the winding will be off and you will lose a frame or two.

Ask me how I know...

First roll through. My first shot was badly cut off but after looking at the backing paper that was my fault. I lined up with the START not the arrows that were a bit after the start. The rest of the frames were fine and had good spacing between them.

Amount of detail in that huge negative is awesome. I badly need to clean my flatbed scanner though.

Shawn

Back