Nobody asked me...

amateriat

We're all light!
Local time
4:36 PM
But they asked these folks:

http://tinyurl.com/2p7rqr

Although I regard talking about my fave spots to photograph the same way I would regard talking up the nicest spot of my favorite beach in the NYC area (Classified), I hew closer to Jay Meisel's comment, which can be summed up as: Wherever You Go, There's Your Picture.

- Barrett

amateriat said:
But they asked these folks:

http://tinyurl.com/2p7rqr

I hew closer to Jay Meisel's comment, which can be summed up as: Wherever You Go, There's Your Picture.

- Barrett
I agree, but, I wouldn't hurt to check out the other places if you're not a New Yorker. It's a place to start.
Thanks for the link. :cool:

I just subscribed to this thread, my first. NYC is an incredible place for a photographer. Today I went to Coney Island for the first time. OMG, I will go back, just me and my camera. The boardwalk was crammed with individuals and DSLRs (one big Mamiya 7 too). I want to hear where other folks go. I normally stay midtown, which is getting pretty boring.

Dunno about NYC, but I made a shot today (two exposures actually,) in a mall, of all places. The XA was very handy (small pouch on the belt), and once I get it processed and scanned (Tri-X), it will be posted on RFF. Later there was a shot of a funeral home sign ... both in Buffalo, so you know they'll be funny as hell. :D

rover said:
I just subscribed to this thread, my first. NYC is an incredible place for a photographer. Today I went to Coney Island for the first time. OMG, I will go back, just me and my camera. The boardwalk was crammed with individuals and DSLRs (one big Mamiya 7 too). I want to hear where other folks go. I normally stay midtown, which is getting pretty boring.
Yep...Coney does that to just about every photographer who takes the time to go there. Shame that a solid portion of it is going away in my Fair City's unabated condo-mania. Catch it while you can.

- Barrett

Since my father moved out of the city I don't have much reason to go there, but I did spend some time wandering around the Murray Hill and Kipp's Bay sections of Manhattan when he lived there. This was before my RFF days, so no pictures, but thanks for the link. Those spots sound like they would get you some views that don't look like the standard tourist shots.

Back