Nokton 25mm F0.95 at night wide open on GH1

mikekobal

Local time
6:29 AM
Hi guys,
I am really excited about this lens. Like back in the Leica M days. The built quality is superb, the focusing ring is superb, and it focuses from infinity to 1:3.9! yeah, not a big deal but for video it is a big deal. I love the lens. Got it at 7pm ran out and shot a few clips, direct link here, let me know what you think
http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=803
just uploaded, street photos here
http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=830
Central Park daylight video sample shot @ 1.4 her
http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=857
still very impressed with this lens.
cheers,
mike

Last edited:
Nice video, though the excessive yellow tone was bugging me a little.
Awesome work on your website btw, very cool.
If I had a m4/3 system, I think this would be the first lens I'd get :)

Last edited:
Mike, Great stuff. I checked on the Voigtlander website and didn't see this lens listed. Is it a lens thats on the market yet, or did you get an early prototype sample? It definitely looks like a lens a lot of us would like to have, or maybe I'm just speaking for myself. What price would I reasonably expect to fork over for this lens?

Mike, Great stuff. I checked on the Voigtlander website and didn't see this lens listed. Is it a lens thats on the market yet, or did you get an early prototype sample? It definitely looks like a lens a lot of us would like to have, or maybe I'm just speaking for myself. What price would I reasonably expect to fork over for this lens?

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigt_m43.htm

Hi,

very cool video and site :)

when you use this for photo is it like any other lens, so when in manual focus the screen enlarge the area to focus?

I got the GF1 also, and really cant stand using it in manual focus due to this and lack of viewfinder..I use the GF1 mostly for video and snap&shot usage.

Cheers,
Dani

thanks Cliffpoy and DanP for answering it.
Dani, thank you very much. Since the lens doesn't communicate w the body it wont automatically enlarge the area of focus, you have to highlight it then press enter to enlarge. I find it very easy to focus through the viewfinder of the GH1 w/o enlarging, still pretty good on the LCD, but not as easy, fwiw, much easier though then focusing the 50mm 1.2 on the LCD of the 5D2
really dig this set up, GH1/25mm, can't wait to get my GH2 that will be a killer combo (mainly for video, I don't think the photo quality will be better- but it has a better buffer for sequential shooting)

thanks Cliffpoy and DanP for answering it.
Dani, thank you very much. Since the lens doesn't communicate w the body it wont automatically enlarge the area of focus, you have to highlight it then press enter to enlarge. I find it very easy to focus through the viewfinder of the GH1 w/o enlarging, still pretty good on the LCD, but not as easy, fwiw, much easier though then focusing the 50mm 1.2 on the LCD of the 5D2
really dig this set up, GH1/25mm, can't wait to get my GH2 that will be a killer combo (mainly for video, I don't think the photo quality will be better- but it has a better buffer for sequential shooting)
Thanks for the answer :)
Is the viewfinder in the gh1 comparable to the optional one for the gf1? i heard that external viewfinder for the gf1 is not that good but maybe good enough to focus good whit such a lens as this?

Cheers,
D

I understand that the internal EVF in the GH1/2 and G1/2 are noticeably better than the external EVF for the GF1.

I can't do the above comparison myself, since I only own the G1, but its internal EVF is more than adequate for manual focus lenses without resorting to magnified view; the image sort of "snaps" into sharp focus.

~Joe

Nice video, though the excessive yellow tone was bugging me a little.
Awesome work on your website btw, very cool.
If I had a m4/3 system, I think this would be the first lens I'd get :)
I agree plus I didn't care for the musak. But the lens is truly awesome. Thanks

Back