Nokton 35mm f/1.4

Thomas, 12526 or 12524 hood ? :confused: I am looking for one to try it myself but got confused with SN numbers.

Gabor, a 12526 hood, the current summicron 35 asph hood. the hood cap stays on quite well, too:) On the 12524 hood, it falls off and gets lost. I went to a dollar store and bought tiny black hair elastics, 144 for 1,25$, so i have a motherload -- i place one in the groove where the hood clips in and it provides just enough friction to stop the hood from turning. turning the aperture ring is challenging for my large paws, but that inconvenience is worth the more effective flare resistance.

Thomas, thanks !! :) I was wondering because I tried myself last year with the hood for the 35/2 IV and the hood cap always felt off .... :bang:

Then I will have a look for a 12526 now ! :D

Hahaha, stupid me! Thought it said f/4. I was wondering how the background could be so blurry at that aperture... Well, then..

Thanks to everyone for your input and images. I decided to go for it. Just ordered it now, then we'll see. Next step, I guess, will be the 1.1 50mm Nokton. That should leave with a pretty decent and fast set.

Not getting rid of my 35mm cron yet, though.

Thanks again, everyone. This place is really amazing! :)

Your current setup is quite perfect from my view, a fast 35mm f1.4 is a great addition to the Summicron. I don't think it's necessary to get the Nokton 1.1 while you owned a Summilux unless you have a GAS attack.

This lens invites strong opinions as noted. I find it pretty good in terms of small / light / fast. One with my G1 and CQ M adapter:
563639670_Pjr7F-O.jpg

Cheers,
Kirk

3693060767_fea10b202d.jpg

The barrel distortion makes this wall look about to burst in the middle. The bokeh...I dont know man. kinda the way I used to see the world when slamming down some Mojitos.

Back