m4-p + 50/1.5 nokton + kodachrome

Attachments

• foj-2.jpg
    foj-2.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 0
  • foj-1.jpg
    foj-1.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 0
1.5, because it was the one i could afford, the one i have and the one i love :)

i think price for performance for this lens is superb. the OOF areas from the 1.1 do like a little nicer on most of the images I have seen, but i picked up a great Summitar for a great price so if i want something a little different i have that :)

C R , I like how this lens handled the
lighting on the 3rd image. I think having
one of the 50 f1.5 Noktons would be fun.
Nelson

1.5 Aspherical from a RETRO LENS JUNKIE !!!!!
4071894452_d96a7ac8b4_b.jpg

I've been thinking about the 1.5 for a while. Helen, your photos are really pushing me to the limit... :D

LOL....Sweeet
GO for IT !!!
You can't go Wrong w/ this Lens
It has a Character ,an ALLURE all its Own...TRES Cinematic quality to my 'EYE'
more so in B&W

DO IT...Best to YOU - helen

though I still would LIKE to PLAY w/ the 1.1...I wonder what its CHARMS are ?

Last edited:
sample f/1.1

sample f/1.1

Nokton 1.1 at f/1.1, film fuji @ iso 800, at night, handheld 1/15sec
I am satisfied with this lens so far and it found its place in my bag along with the summarit 1.5 and summicron 50.
the Nokton 1.1 is a modern lens with its character and a modern OOF as well (as is the new noctilux)

Attachments

• virg_1209_s.jpg
    virg_1209_s.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
DO IT...Best to YOU - helen

Hehehe. Yeah, I DID IT. It should be here this week so I can test out before the trip next week. I know France is quite dark now, but F1.5 + iso1600 push should do the trick. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, Helen. :D

One more vote for the Nokton 1.5 (though I'd like to try this 1.1) ;)

(clic on the image for big size)

BTW, I found the 50/1.1 at US$825 in Hong Kong (6400 HKD), is it a good price ?

it's good to know
Because lens are so expensive in Japan :mad:

If you're in HK, try Tin Cheung Camera. If I recall correctly, its around HK$5,900, which is around US$760 & they allow a 7 day return if its defective.

I think that might be the Grey market price....

I have a 50/1.1 Nokton on the way, and used to own a 50/1.5 Nokton. While I liked the 1.5 version I thought I would try the 1.1 version; mostly because it was the fastest lens I can afford and am getting it on a trade. I think it is all up to the individual. I used to own a 35/1.2 Nokton and while I really, really liked it I went with the 35/2.5 P II this time around for the size factor. The great thing about us RF folks is if you don't like the lens there are plenty of people out there that would be glad to try it out and resale is pretty good here in the classifieds. I think I will be sticking with my 35-50-85 kit for a while, mostly due to financial concerns and I also want to concentrate on my actual photography instead of buying and selling equipment. I tend to get into a rut of buying and selling and not taking enough photos, which I suspect happens to us all at some point...

Thank you - really often I have kind of 3D impression with this lens, you are quite right !

Nokton 50/1.5:
4279706434_cfc654fdf1_o.jpg

Back