non zoom guys?

is and silent...good points...still unsure if i will get it...basically, the zoom would cost me $400. if i exchange my x-e1 for the kit...of course i could return my 60, use the 55 end of the zoom and wait for the fast 56.

i think i just talked myself into this plan...

and it is done...made the return and the switch...i now have a new x-e1 with the oh so silent zoom! much quicker af and near noiseless...but you have to listen to hear it.
maybe the zoom will grow on me...very nice to have the smaller body with zoom for a nice frigid stroll down the avenue...talk about nice and light...

From what i've seen the zoom seems to preform better wideopen at 18mm than the prime!! Not sure how thats possible....

Zoom better than 18mm prime? Interesting

Zoom better than 18mm prime? Interesting

For me, if this is so, the best bet is the zoom and the 35 1.4 as a kit. This would be all I need!

Let's c those pics :D

Let's c those pics :D

Ok. I got first dibs on the zoom when u sell it. :D:rolleyes:

Just joking... Hope this works out.

Now that u got the zoom, let c some pics....

Gary

8245536355_bf3621a61b_c.jpg

shot out the back door with the zoom...

XE-1 Fever! I called Samy's Camera this morning and asked if they have the XE in stock yet. "Yes we do." Oh great...do you have a black one?! "Black ones....yes we do." Ok I'll be right in.

Well, of course I arrived at Samy's and they had only one silver. Thanks for nothing! I ended up putting a deposit on the black one, plus the 35mm and it is being shipped from Santa Anna and should be here tomorrow! Can't wait.

Are any of you guys using the M-adapter? I almost pulled the trigger but want to consider the options. I was set on the Hawk's factory one until I read a review about the close focus slider not being able to lock and it slips around...

XE-1 Fever! I called Samy's Camera this morning and asked if they have the XE in stock yet. "Yes we do." Oh great...do you have a black one?! "Black ones....yes we do." Ok I'll be right in.

Well, of course I arrived at Samy's and they had only one silver. Thanks for nothing! I ended up putting a deposit on the black one, plus the 35mm and it is being shipped from Santa Anna and should be here tomorrow! Can't wait.

Funny.
I was there Sunday. They had no XE1s in stock. Not even a floor model for me to see. Mumbled something about "trouble at the docks". I left in a huff too :(

And I wanted a silver body only! I guess $1k wasn't enough for him to try harder. My regular salesman ( Patrick - who is a wonder) was not there....

Long story short:
Ordered xe1silver from Adorama and 35mm from B&H that same night.
Of course the lens got here first :bang:

Long story short:
Ordered xe1silver from Adorama and 35mm from B&H that same night.
Of course the lens got here first :bang:

Mine is still not here. I am starting to second guess my body only + the 35mm now as the zoom does seem like a very nice addition.

been reading your blog don...some great tips there!
i thought i had read the manual but you have stuff that i didn't know that the x's have!!

Joe, thanks. Just been shooting in a variety of conditions and trying to fit the camera to my circumstances. As you can tell, I’m a big fan.

Waiting for Fuji to fix Auto ISO in the XP1 and to release the 23mm and long zoom lenses. Might have a look at the 56mm too, but the 60 works well and the long zoom will take care of those occasions when I really need a long focal length.

Back