North Carolina and South Carolina

Brevard, NC & Pisgah National Forest

Brevard, NC & Pisgah National Forest

I live in Brevard, NC a few miles south of Asheville. Our county we live in is known as the Land of Waterfalls. I will be available that weekend of the 11 & 12 as I work a 7 on 7 off schedule and return home on the 10th.

Don't forget the Blue Ridge Parkway that runs near Asheville. Here's a shot I took less than a month ago while hiking the Art Loeb Trail:

7407528514_042967140f_z.jpg

I live in Brevard, NC a few miles south of Asheville. Our county we live in is known as the Land of Waterfalls. I will be available that weekend of the 11 & 12 as I work a 7 on 7 off schedule and return home on the 10th.

Don't forget the Blue Ridge Parkway that runs near Asheville. Here's a shot I took less than a month ago while hiking the Art Loeb Trail:

7407528514_042967140f_z.jpg

Beautiful, Duane....:) Dang, wish I still rode my BMW and camped out...I miss those days.

Good lord, NY to Asheville is going to be 17 hours long ! But buses are SO cheap ! Fifty dollars makes my budget feel good about itself.

By the way I am so grateful for all your pieces of advice. I will look into Serenbe.
And, I may be in Asheville longer than what I predicted, IF I EVER RECEIVE MY PASSPORT ON TIME ! :( My current one is good for Canada but not biometric... I've been waiting for three weeks for mine, and leave in a week (was supposed to take two weeks tops). Fingers crossed !

By the way I am so grateful for all your pieces of advice. I will look into Serenbe.
And, I may be in Asheville longer than what I predicted, IF I EVER RECEIVE MY PASSPORT ON TIME ! :( My current one is good for Canada but not biometric... I've been waiting for three weeks for mine, and leave in a week (was supposed to take two weeks tops). Fingers crossed !

Serenbe is about 15 minutes from my house. Don't waste your time.

There are several artist communities in western N.C. that are much, much larger and much more interesting. I will have to search for the names a bit as they escape my feeble mind at the moment.:angel:

So, where are the North Carolina locals? We are having a little RFF get-together in 4 weeks, if you want to join us, please go to the SE/Atlanta forum and sign up!!!

We also need someone to coordinate where to meet, where to eat and where to shoot....

Anyone?:)

I am right here. However, I should say, I'm in NY on my home to NC. Once I get home and coordinate with my better half I may be able to help with plans.

Excellent. BTW, where will you stay when you arrive to the Asheville, NC area?

I have multiple options so far :
couchsurfing, two couples have offered me a place a sleep (Burton Street)
but the earthaven ecovillage has also so... I wanna meet people so I guess I'll do both !

I am right here. However, I should say, I'm in NY on my home to NC. Once I get home and coordinate with my better half I may be able to help with plans.

Excellent! We'll discuss later, and we appreciate your willingness to help out. Looking forward to meeting you, Duane!:angel:

Hello !
Thought I'd give some news. I am in NY right now and will be leaving for Asheville, NC on Saturday night.
Can't wait to get to work !

Back