New York Nyc April Meet-up

Calzone

Gear Whore #1
Local time
6:57 AM
Yesterday I confirmed that Puck Fair will not be shut down disrupting our Meet-Up.

See you there at 1:00 PM on Sunday April 5th.

Cal

I'll be there this time - look forward to seeing everyone

Randy

Randy,

Jim is coming. I don't know if you want to hook up with him to come from Philly? Jim intends to shoot the Easter Parade.

BTW I'll be bringing a box of 13x19's that I printed using Piezography. Kinda stunning IQ and tonality. "Brutal," I say.

Cal

Randy,

Jim is coming. I don't know if you want to hook up with him to come from Philly? Jim intends to shoot the Easter Parade.

BTW I'll be bringing a box of 13x19's that I printed using Piezography. Kinda stunning IQ and tonality. "Brutal," I say.

Cal

I'll ask him!

Yesterday I confirmed that Puck Fair will not be shut down disrupting our Meet-Up.

See you there at 1:00 PM on Sunday April 5th.

Cal

Thanks Cal..
Gee, I wonder if they will ever close their doors.

On another note...... I did pick up a Df.. It just feels too good. (right John :) )

Jeff,

Conrats.

In May I will be getting my "Free" Nikon D3X. Basically "Maggie" is forking over the dough when she gets paid this "grant money." I told her $3K gets me a used fresh one.

Friday was in a loft in Soho at some designer's "Trunk Sale." Saturday went to the Pier Antiques Show where we we kinda like celeberties.

See everyone at Puck Fair Sunday April 5th.

Cal

Cal, you're going to need a split prism screen and DK-17m for that D3x. :D

Phil Forrest

Phil,

I hope to clone what you did. I already own two DK-17's because of you. Send me a PM about which Canon screen I need to het and the mod that I need to perform to make it fit.

Now I wish I had my Noct-Nikkor again.

Cal

Another Monster? ;)

John,

Perhaps next February instead of having "The Camera Olympics" we should have a "Camera Halloween Ball."

The R8-Diesel is a Leica built "Monster." They don't build old German cameras like they use to. "This rig is brutal," I say. "Diesel" is so big and chubby that it does not need a grip. Also it has a nasty knickname by people who hate the design: "The Hunchback Of Solms."

Then there is "Beauty And The Beast," the merging of a minty Shelf Queen black SL2-MOT with a black SL@ in "Street Fighter Condition" (SFC) into one exceptional camera. This is a Calzone original: Who else would do such a thing?

My rigged out M's with TA Rapidwinders and Rapidgrips try to look like Nikon F3P's, but now on my camera shelves in the "Camera Museum" they are looking rather small. The Leica IIIG kinda looks almost invisible.

I'm jones-sing for another Noct-Nikkor, and might have to day trade some gear. In May a Nikon D3X.

BTW It seems like I'm printing so much that every two weeks I have to refill my carts with ink. The gloss overcoat gets drained rather quickly, and next are the mid tones.

Finally I need to learn to spot in LR5. I still have about $1.2K in credit at Digital Silver Imaging. and will be maxing out in size, even though I no longer have money for framing. I'll be getting a 30x40 and 40x60 from an exceptional file. I found another shot that has higher IQ than the one of the 5 cars in Columbus Circle. This new shot displays more detail and features a double decker bus that is mirror imaged and looking to crash into itself.

Mark Cuban once said, "Go big, or don't go."

Cal

Also it has a nasty knickname by people who hate the design: "The Hunchback Of Solms."

Haha, that's pretty clever...

I'm jones-sing for another Noct-Nikkor, and might have to day trade some gear. In May a Nikon D3X.

It's your favorite Nikon lens...so you have to go for it. And it'll work well for your purpose.

Finally I need to learn to spot in LR5.

It's very simple. You'll be fine.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-eva...dvanced-healing-brush-and-visualization-tool/

I figure that only holds true when he's at home... at work he will relax his low-tech ways. However, he's a full fledged digital photographer these days.

I figure that only holds true when he's at home... at work he will relax his low-tech ways. However, he's a full fledged digital photographer these days.

John,

But I'm still a raging film guy who is primitive and retro.

What scares me the most is color photography. We'll see when the D3X becomes part of my arsenal...

At 56 I got about 3 more years before I have to get ready to quit my job.

Cal

Cal

Back