New York NYC January Meet-Up

Thanks, Tung for the suggestion. You have a good point. My pre-owned 50mm Cron has just doubled its market value since I got it in 2004.

Cal - A watch does go a long way on relationship, but I am going to save this trick for something else bigger that I had in mind. BTW, for some reason, the hood of 28mm Cron turns me off. 24mm Lux is more appealing to me in that range of focal length.

John - Check out this copy of the Nokton on Craiglist. It looks cleaner than mine. Don't wait for me, I may never sell it as it is a great lens, like my 35mm Nokton.

John - Check out this copy of the Nokton on Craiglist. It looks cleaner than mine. Don't wait for me, I may never sell it as it is a great lens, like my 35mm Nokton.

I was joking John. I never wait for someone to sell something if I want it. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if it is still available.

I was joking John. I never wait for someone to sell something if I want it. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if it is still available.

John,

I was playing your game and you fell for it. Seriously I spent more on my CV lenses because I bought them new. I only paid $499.00 for a very clean Rigid Cron.

We all want to pay no money for great gear. That's the game.

BTW the prototype bag already has the strap sewn in. Do you want any partitions sewn in?

Cal

Cal - A watch does go a long way on relationship, but I am going to save this trick for something else bigger that I had in mind. BTW, for some reason, the hood of 28mm Cron turns me off. 24mm Lux is more appealing to me in that range of focal length.

John,

Yeah the hood is fugly, but not needed. For me a 28 on a Leica is kinda perfect for street. I knda use that old retro 28/3.5 Canon/Serenar a lot where I meter off my hand, scale focus, and use a Leica as a point and shoot. Funny thing is that my Leica rig strongly resembles a Nikon F3 with motordrive since its equipt with a TA Rapidgrip, TA Rapidgrip, and a hand strap.

I'll bring the Plaubel 69W to the February Meet-Up. Since the 47/5.6 Super Angulon is a 21mm equiv in 35mm, and now the ability to use side shifts and rise fall with an ultra-wide has me totally spoiled. Gotta love the detail of 6x9.

Cal

Sure, sew some in if you have time, that would be great~!

Oh don't allow me to be so creative. Remember who you're dealing with. The bag is almost the same size as your Domke. Give me an idea of your current arsonal so I can be clever. LOL.

I know that your signature below is incomplete. You can't hid all that gear from me.

Cal

Last edited:
Oh don't allow me to be so creative. Remember who you're dealing with. The bag is almost the same size as your Domke. Give me an idea of your current arsonal so I can be clever. LOL.

I know that your signature below is incomplete. You can't hid all that gear from me.

Cal

I would usually carry two cameras with lenses in a bag. One the size of say and M8 or Nikon F and the other a compact like the X1 or Ricoh. So basically one partition that devides the bag with one compartment being a little larger than the other.

John, to make things more complicated for you, you might want to check out the new CV 75mm f/1.8, slightly longer focal length. But, either 75mm and 50mm on M8 will make a good portrait lens. I have my eyes on it since it was announced. But, could not find much talk about it that I can find online since it was released. The soft focus when wide open on the CV 75mm f/1.8 literature makes it sound more like the Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality Series IV soft focus lens, but for 35mm format. If anyone in the group has it, I would like to see a match up between the CV 75mm f/1.8 and 75mm Summilux on M9 in the future meet ups.

John, to make things more complicated for you, you might want to check out the new CV 75mm f/1.8, slightly longer focal length. But, either 75mm and 50mm on M8 will make a good portrait lens. I have my eyes on it since it was announced. But, could not find much talk about it that I can find online since it was released. The soft focus when wide open on the CV 75mm f/1.8 literature makes it sound more like the Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality Series IV soft focus lens, but for 35mm format. If anyone in the group has it, I would like to see a match up between the CV 75mm f/1.8 and 75mm Summilux on M9 in the future meet ups.

I can offer my 75 Lux for the comparison. John you have the M9.

Cal

John, to make things more complicated for you, you might want to check out the new CV 75mm f/1.8, slightly longer focal length.

Thanks for the suggestion. Honestly, I generally hate using any lens longer than 50mm equiv... but I've liked your Nokton so much wide open, that I'll make the exception this time. On my M8, it is already a 66.5mm. A 75mm is a 100mm... i.e. way too long for me.

Back