New York NYC October Meet-Up Saturday October 22d

Calzone

Gear Whore #1
Local time
9:20 PM
I know this is last minute, but things have been both crazy and busy lately.

Saturday October 22d is PhotoPlusExpo. Prior to 10:00 AM, before they open the exhibition hall, we plan on "grouping up" to view the show.

So far John and I plan on leaving the show when the place gets mobbed around 1:00 PM to get something to eat/drink and then go shooting.

Before 10:00 AM the Group-Up location is "Louis Mendez" who will be stationed somewhere near the registration area. For you newbies Louis is a living urban legend and stands out with being the mobile landmark being an elder black man with a Crown Graphic. Louis can be found all over the city at his usual haunts like on 34th Street on the side of B&H, at Adorama, in the Strand bookstore on rainy days, at the UES Armoury when there are art shows... But during PhotoPlusExpo expect to see Louis near the registration booths.

The group up location for food/drink and shooting will be toward the front of the Javit's exhibition hall by the bathrooms. Generally this is by the Nikon booth. Be there at 1:00 PM to group-up.

Cal

This is a bump.

Also note that the group show "Fresh Out of Storage" at the Manhattan Mini Storage at 44th Street and West Side Highway closes on October 22d.

I will have a painting from the 80's and a B&W analog wet print in that show.

Cal

I will stop by at 10 as well, been a while. Hope they have Hassy booth.

Mervyn,

Darrel from Philly will also be there at 10. He is also interested in the New Blad for real. You guys should nerd-up. LOL.

Know that Darrel already has a digital Blad.

Cal

Mervyn,

Darrel from Philly will also be there at 10. He is also interested in the New Blad for real. You guys should nerd-up. LOL.

Know that Darrel already has a digital Blad.

Cal

Awesome, got the mm sensor replaced last month and go to sell mm soon once this is materialized.

Awesome, got the mm sensor replaced last month and go to sell mm soon once this is materialized.

Mervyn,

How long a wait for the sensor replacement.

I'm on a list and still have my MM in my possesion. I was told in July I would likely have to wait about 4 months till I have to send it in. Perhaps in November I'll have to send it in. In February 2017 my MM will be 4 years old, and it still is a great camera for me. I bought mine new.

Anyways I'm keeping mine. Also know I bought a SL and pre-ordered the new AF 50 Lux that is expected out early next year.

Darrel is interested in the new Blad and the S.

Cal

Back