October 10-November 1: Change Nick to Real Name

raid

Dad Photographer
Local time
10:28 AM
We are fortunate to have this wonderful website, and I can see friendship and companionship being formed between RFF members. There is still one step to go to make communications more personal. It is a small step that will not cost you anything; just use your real name [may it be Bob Bob], and remove your nick or use it as your second signature.

I am making this the challenge for the next 20 days or so. By Thanksgiving[USA] time, we can chat with "Bob Bob" in place of "crazyguybecause" :)

Thanks.

Raid

This is sort of "difficult" to do since you can't simply change (at least I can't see it) the username to your real name via the control panel.

If you can, then someone had better point me to the option in the User CP that will allow me to do this.

Dave

There's no need to do that exactly, Dave (see?). You already put your name as signature. That does the trick and identifies you better. In fact, several members have it that way since a while ago, someone started a thread about identifying ourselves.

Otherwise, sorry to differ here, Raid, but what could I tell my better half about my adventures online? That I chatted with Bob Bob rather than with "crazylegs"? You see my (crazy) point? :)

Last edited:
One would lose their post count. NO WAY!!! My Name is Earl, send all royalties to me. Address given via PM.

easy to put in your sig.

only a moderator can change your 'name', it's not in the cpuser options.

earl, your post count can be 'padded' but the bribe has to be fantastigorical!!!

joe

BrianShaw said:
Sorry, but I won't participate. There's already one too many Joe's here. Please keep calling me Brian.

so...your real name is joe...but you call yerself brian?

and my real name is brian and i call myself joe...:eek:

SolaresLarrave said:
There's no need to do that exactly, Dave (see?). You already put your name as signature. That does the trick and identifies you better. In fact, several members have it that way since a while ago, someone started a thread about identifying ourselves.

Otherwise, sorry to differ here, Raid, but what could I tell my better half about my adventures online? That I chatted with Bob Bob rather than with "crazylegs"? You see my (crazy) point? :)

Francisco:I started thatother thread a few months ago. Yoy are abosultely right about simply using a name in the signature. As long as there is a name somewhere listed, it is easier to address someone here.

back alley said:
so...your real name is joe...but you call yerself brian?

and my real name is brian and i call myself joe...:eek:

Actually, I am not Raid Amin but Elvis Presley.

I've wanted to do this for a long time. Joe, could you get rid of my fake name for me? I'd like it to be "SteveM(PA)". I think the user area says you have to have a "very good reason" to do it. My reason is, I'm tired of living this terrible lie! :D

People are stepping out of their closets, and they are showing
"Real Name Pride" ! Thanks, Steve. Now I know that you are not langdon auger but Steve.

SteveM(PA) said:
I've wanted to do this for a long time. Joe, could you get rid of my fake name for me? I'd like it to be "SteveM(PA)". I think the user area says you have to have a "very good reason" to do it. My reason is, I'm tired of living this terrible lie! :D

done!

:)

Back