Oh My Goodness (digital OM)

And many of us already have M43 lenses, while Fuji's X-mount and lenses are new. Fuji plans to offer an M-mount adapter, but there are already M43 adapters for those and many other lenses.

I will say this:
Whoever creates the first full-frame mirrorless camera in the future, will get my attention (yes, even Sony). Right now I'm feeling really dumb using my rare and optically excellent Konica Hexanon 35/2 AR on my E-P2 where it becomes a 70mm lens. Ugh!

I will say this:
Whoever creates the first full-frame mirrorless camera in the future, will get my attention (yes, even Sony). Right now I'm feeling really dumb using my rare and optically excellent Konica Hexanon 35/2 AR on my E-P2 where it becomes a 70mm lens. Ugh!

But Will, it's an excellent portrait lens! Although I mostly use wides, I'm excited about using my Hexanon 40/1.8 on a m4/3 body. Fast 80mm effective focal length Hex? Oh yeah.

I will say this:

srsly! i want to use my zuiko 18mm on a digital body so bad.... :'(

I have a m-Zuiko 17mm :)

Oh wait. Nevermind.

:p

that isn't to say that i'm not happy with my native m4/3 lenses, of course. i love my Panasonic 20mm. but to get a real 18mm i'd have to go fisheye with the Panasonic 8mm. the zuiko 18mm's distortion is a lot less noticeable.

But Will, it's an excellent portrait lens! Although I mostly use wides, I'm excited about using my Hexanon 40/1.8 on a m4/3 body. Fast 80mm effective focal length Hex? Oh yeah.

The thing is, Earl, I really like 35mm focal length (that's why I ended up with lots of 35mm lenses :) ). I have Zuiko 85/2 for portraits and that's more than enough for me.

:p

that isn't to say that i'm not happy with my native m4/3 lenses, of course. i love my Panasonic 20mm. but to get a real 18mm i'd have to go fisheye with the Panasonic 8mm. the zuiko 18mm's distortion is a lot less noticeable.

Crystal, you can get the Zuiko 9-18mm native to m4/3rd at about the same price as your 18mm. The size of the lens is incredibly small for the focal length range that it offers.

But Will ... your 85/2 is a 170/2 on the E-M5. Not exactly portrait then! :D

Which is why I'm now sticking to digital Zuikos for these new bodies. Were the HG line is not so expensive :bang:

Incidentally, 170mm f/2 is *very* useful when you're covering an event where there is no good amount of light, and you're confined in one place (like a mass). :D

Which is why I'm now sticking to digital Zuikos for these new bodies. Were the HG line is not so expensive :bang:

Incidentally, 170mm f/2 is *very* useful when you're covering an event where there is no good amount of light, and you're confined in one place (like a mass). :D

Excellent point. I use a Leica Elmar 9cm f/4 right now for that purpose (light, fast-ish for that FL), but am seriously considering a Jupiter-9 or a Serenar 85mm f/2.

You have to think of legacy lenses as being "repurposed": your 50mm isn't a normal lens anymore, but it's a kick-ass portrait lens, 90mm becomes moderate-to-long telephoto, etc.

Thinking in 135-format terms is so 20th century ;)

(I say this in jest, obviously)

Back