Oh no!!

Hey Kiu, MW does Leica cheaper than that, so I'd have to buy through them really. Or Ffordes... or Ace Cameras, or MXV... or.....

Anyway, I have the Nikon's father - Contax II. I'm fond of the shape, the viewfinder etc etc etc, but I cant afford the Nikon Sx annoyingly

so I'm bad, not harsh...

WE bad!! :)

ash, maybe kui has a good idea, the contax is great and i'm betting the nikon will be as well, if not even better.
and with a 50mm lens they were both cheaper than a leica body alone. and the contax was reconditioned and the nikon had a recent cla.
something to think about.
joe

You are hopeless!

Thats how I ended up with an M6. I knew I'd want one for ever until I got it so I finally said the hell with it and bought the thing! Now I can take pictures with one and not feel sorry for myself!

Chris your quotation in your sig says it all. I can't rest til I own everything I think about owning. Course, I'm capable of reselling too... sometimes BASS is a good thing - more fun, more experience. ;)

SCOTFORTHLAD said:
Course this is really all my fault, for passing the Leica 111 on to Ash in thev first place, last Autumn!!:)

Brian.
You know, since the subject of controlled substances was brought up, wouldn't the III be regarded in some quarters as a "gateway" drug to the harder, non-threaded stuff? :rolleyes:

At any rate: Ash, hold off for the M, especially if stretching to an M2/M3 isn't going to to take the better part of forever (you mention the £/€ gap, but not the timeline involved in bridging that gap). After all, it's not as if you'll be hamstrung from taking any pictures at all in the meantime. Shoot with what you have, save for what you want.

- Barrett

Chris - but more fun ;)

Barrett - I would know the timeline if/when I know I'd next be employed and earning wages. I'm out shooting with the Contax and the Rolleicord today, photo's of Rich (second 'proper' shoot, third or fourth time he's been in front of my camera) so I think that combo does me quite well.

I still want an M before I spend all the cash on something else though! Thats my main problem - impatience and a tendency to stretch beyond my limits.

Anyway I'd better sort myself out. Have a good day everyone ;)

Back