Oh Well, No Monochrom This Year

Pioneer

Mentor
Local time
4:56 AM
I just became the proud owner (I think) of a refurbished Leica M. Focus Camera had 3 of them for sale at the price of a new M-E (or close) and I pulled the trigger. This has effectively wiped out my Monochrom savings account but I don't think I am going to mind too much. :)

I just became the proud owner (I think) of a refurbished Leica M. Focus Camera had 3 of them for sale at the price of a new M-E (or close) and I pulled the trigger. This has effectively wiped out my Monochrom savings account but I don't think I am going to mind too much. :)

Wise move..

Grats dude!

I just traded in my M9 (with top up of course) for a M as well...

I have got to say the new screen is SO good.

I agree with Andy! No doubt the Monochrom is a great camera, but the M is more advanced in features, more versatile, and can pump out pretty good monochrome files as well!

If you still crave for the Monochrom, it'll come! But in the mean time, enjoy your new M!

First of all, congrats on your new purchase. That's about $1000 off the price of a brand new M. Just curious, does a full warranty from Leica apply to a refurb'ed body?

First of all, congrats on your new purchase. That's about $1000 off the price of a brand new M. Just curious, does a full warranty from Leica apply to a refurb'ed body?

It comes with a 2 year warranty from Leica. It also comes with Lightroom 5, though I already have that.

I am certainly looking forward to it. Believe it or not, the final deciding factor for me was the weather proofing and quicker response. One thing I love about the M3 over any digital I have ever used, Leica included, is the immediate response when I decide to take the picture. Hard to feel like you are getting a "decisive moment" when you are timing both the situation AND the camera.

Back