Olympic Nikon S3 with Olympic 50/1.4 on the bay

It's not in bad shape just a bit dirty, think what price they would get with some cleaning and a nice set of pics.

Too many dings and dents on this set.
This is a heavy user, no interest to collectors.
s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

The kit is too beat to bring anything close to $2500, I won't pay that kinda money, even though it's an "Olympic".

Sorry Jon, you aren't changing the moniker by yourself and Dr. Kunno is no longer around to back you up!

If I already didn't have one, I would bid up to $2500 for it.

That lens alone in nice shape used to sell for $3000-3500.

Stephen

That's the picture, there are 2000 of these S3s out there, most collectors have one in better shape than the one mentioned above, collector grade cameras look like this:
12540_1.jpg

Picture courtesy of WestLicht Auction.

There are examples out there with box and etc. That's why I said no collector interest.
The lens used to bring $3-4k, that's true, but so last century. Since the millennium version came out, the prices went down triple fold.

That's the picture, there are 2000 of these S3s out there, most collectors have one in better shape than the one mentioned above, collector grade cameras look like this:
12540_1.jpg

Picture courtesy of WestLicht Auction.

There are examples out there with box and etc. That's why I said no collector interest.
The lens used to bring $3-4k, that's true, but so last century. Since the millennium version came out, the prices went down triple fold.

There are all kinds of collectors with all kinds of budgets.

That is why blanket statements like "no collector interest" don't work so well. What one collector won't buy will be much appreciated by another.

While WestLicht is carefully watched by many collectors, I would guess the number of Nikon collectors that actually buy at WestLicht is probably less than 1 in a thousand - if that high.
Not that there is any way to get an accurate figure for that estimate of collector participation.

I have noticed the re-issue s3 and s4 have been falling in price over the last couple of years, in the uk any kind of Nikon rf is difficult to find. When I bought my Olympic is was just lucky one appeared in a uk dealer.

Back