Olympus 35 RC photos

River Dog

Always looking
Local time
2:18 AM
My first film from a cracking little camera (Neopan 100, Rodinal 1:25, Epson V500)

5426523352_d8b1990b33_b.jpg

5426523172_9b58939e53_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Looks like a sharp lens! Thanks for sharing the photos! Where did you find the camera?
Tom

I got it a recently from Rocky Cameras for £25. Bought a cheap Trip for the case and lens cap. No idea if £25 is a good price, but I have bought a few cameras from them and they have all turned up as described. This one is in Exc++ condition.

Looks like a sharp example. I had two but neither of them was really sharp like yours. I'd like to get one of those again and use it with a small flash.

Cool.

I had an RC, and I miss it. It's a wonderful little camera, silky film advance, quiet shutter. I forget why I sold it, even. The one thing I wasn't so crazy about with this camera was how it renders out of focus areas.

Having said that, I've been searching for a small 35mm camera to take its place ever since. I tried the XA but didn't feel its lens was all that sharp, and the RF too faint. I got a Rollei 35s, which takes very sharp photos, but scale focusing and its terrible meter are discouraging me. I bought an Oly Stylus Epic yesterday, and hopefully that'll fulfill my needs as a small quick quality shooter.

Failing that, I might have to get the RC again.

Nice images! The Olympus 35RC's lens is surprisingly sharp. I got couple of them myself. One thing I don't like is the focusing ring is a little loose but an excellent little camera nevertheless.

Great shot's especially the first one.

Both shots are very sharp and render great results.

I have also bought a Oly 35RC in mint condition, I've run some Fuji 400CN through it and liked the results. I must learn to develop myself. I'll post some shots in a different thread.

Last edited:
I have an Olympus 35 ECR. I'll have to research it and see what the difference is between the one I have and the RC. My ECR has a battery issue that I need to address. I started a roll of film and then the shutter quit working and I have not fiddled with it again. I need to get it down off the shelf and work on it some. I have rigged a hearing aid battery in the compartment and I think it is loosing connection.
Tom

This little camera is my absolute favorite street shooter
5323849020_1bf6e9eca3_b.jpg

Delta 400 in HC110

5248531314_609380d001_b.jpg

Kodak TMAX 400 in HC110

Only weakness I see is that it locks the shutter if it runs out of shutter speed. This feature made me lost many potentially wonderful shots.

I miss mine. I dropped and broke it two years ago. i finally found a replacement at a charity shop for $6-a Minolta Himatic f. No manual mode, but it will do up to a four second exposure on its own.

I have an Olympus 35 ECR. I'll have to research it and see what the difference is between the one I have and the RC. My ECR has a battery issue that I need to address. I started a roll of film and then the shutter quit working and I have not fiddled with it again. I need to get it down off the shelf and work on it some. I have rigged a hearing aid battery in the compartment and I think it is loosing connection.
Tom

Tom, the main difference between the two is that the ECR won't shoot unless you have batteries in it. I followed Bill Mattocks' way to shove a wad of aluminum in one chamber and two hearing aid batteries in the other. It gets the shutter to operate well enough for B&W and color film, don't know about slides.

The ECR has lower profile than the already impressively diminutive 35 RC and I think it's one of the most handsome of all P&S cameras from that era. There isn't anything quite like it except for maybe Petri 35 or the Rollei 35.

I still have a black EC2 (I think), a remnant from my Olympus collecting days :)

Last edited:
35ECR looks like...uhm, 35RC on steroids :) I mean extended range of speeds and electrical brain, deciding if flash has to be fired.

A green light illuminates when the flash is required and the photo will be taken with flash. If the flash is ready but the green does not light, the flash does not fire the shot.

The Olympus 35 ECR has an excellent Zuiko 5 elements in 4 groups, the same as that team the Olympus 35 RC .
The Seiko shutter allows exposure times of 4 to 1 / 800 sec. A small lever on the front of the camera to block the trigger.
The flash system is the type Flashmatic. The flash should be used in manual mode. The unit is responsible to set the aperture according to the Guide Number selected on the corresponding ring and the distance focus.

Taken from here

This little camera is my absolute favorite street shooter

Great pictures that have inspired me to carry my RC more often. I am also going to try your T-MAX & HC110 combo. I read that Rodinal is not so good with T-MAX. Well done!

Last edited:
Back