Olympus 35 SP film loading issue

rowghani

Established
Local time
11:12 AM
I just bought one locally from someone and everything looked good when I inspected it, except I forgot to bring a roll of film and make sure it loads correctly. I got home today and tried to load some film, but the film won't hold when I try to advance it. I've tried 30 different times, slipping it in deeper, making sure the teeth catch the film, but still no luck. I took it to my local camera stop, not a camera service center, and he said it needs repair, but that they have sent out these types of cameras (not for the same issue) and where told that they cannot be serviced anymore. Anybody had a similar problem? Was it fixable?

Does the sprocket wheel turn at all when you advance? Does the rewind crank, or more precisely the fork that attaches to the film canister, turn freely?

My SP had a jammed advance that had gummed up over the years. I sent it in to John Hermanson at (www.zuiko.com). He did a full CLA, repair, and converted it to use modern batteries. It did take quite a while and his communication left quite a bit to be desired, but the work I cannot complain about.

Back