Olympus 35 SP Light Meter Not Moving

Trismegistus

Local time
12:13 AM
Can any of the panel please help with this. My 35 SP appears to have a dead light meter. Whilst this is no doubt not uncommon, I am wondering how worthwhile it is to open up the camera and see if it can be fixed. I've tried cleaning the battery contacts and am using fresh zinc air cells, but the meter needle remains stubbornly hovering over the 5 EV mark in the viewfinder and doesn't want to move. Pressing and releasing the shutter causes the needle to 'jump' a fractional amount and then it returns to is original position.

Whilst I am happy to use the camera manually setting aperture/shutter to sunny 16 or using my Sekonic light meter, I would still like to get the LM working once again.

Any repairs I might do will be restricted to re-soldering or tightening connections etc., if the LM is dead then that will be an end to it :)

Does anyone know how to remove the battery holder so I can check the integrity of the wiring below please?

Can any of the panel please help with this. My 35 SP appears to have a dead light meter. Whilst this is no doubt not uncommon,

Not common at all IMHO and I've owned a couple and handled a lot more. You probably have a wire inside that the soldered connection has broken. This seems more common with a lot of Olympus cameras of this era.

Back