Olympus RF forum

R

Rich Silfver

How about a forum for all these wonderful Olympus rangefinders?
35RC, RD, SP, SPn, UC - to mention a few of them :)

or maybe a forum for that style of camera.
i also have an olympus 35rc, but there were many solid, metal cameras with real glass lenses from the 1970's-like the canonette(sp?) and the minolta himatics.
i do think the oly's were the best of the bunch tho.

I've got two 35 RC's, a non-functioning RD (described as 'mint' on ebay, of course), an XA2 and an XA. Love 'em. Except for the RD, I've got to look into having the stuck shutter fixed.

Well, lets see in a few weeks what the final forum topics will be. Remember its only been up shortly and still in development phase.

JT

I think a forum about the whole bunch of Japanese RF's of the 70s would be great. The Konicas weren't mentioned yet, but they are exceptional too (love my Auto S2). Most japanese RFs from the 70's that had fast lenses (2.8+) were far better in built and lens quality than what you get these days for the same money. The Olympuses, Konicas, Yashicas, Canonets, Minoltas, all had a cult model or two that could stand any comparison with today's prime glass.

"I think a forum about the whole bunch of Japanese RF's of the 70s would be great. "

i agree.
it's hard to beat the solid feel of an all metal body, complete with an all glass lens.

joe

How about a 'Fixed lens 35mm RF cameras' and an 'Interchangeable lens 35mm RD cameras' forum?

Dai Nippon RF cameras!

Dai Nippon RF cameras!

I vote for the Japanese RF 70's cameras! Although I don't have a big collection, the ones I have are sooooo interesting. We could really have a great exchange on these babies!:)

Regards,
Henricus

Japanese RF cameras from the 70's would work for me too. I have a couple and would love to learn from everyone and try to contribute a bit of help when I could.

Back