ON1 - Any body Try It?

If you spend the $49 on software, all you've got to show for it is some invisible ones and zeros inside your computer. Yawn. Spend the money on those other hobbies.

If you spend the $49 on software, all you've got to show for it is some invisible ones and zeros inside your computer. Yawn. Spend the money on those other hobbies.

So you opt for the cigars, whiskey and loose women, OK. But that does not solve the photo editing problem, or maybe it does. Just don't do photo editing. Nevertheless, have you used the software?

While I have no experience with ON1, I do have Affinity Photo and like it quite well. The cost is about the same I believe. There are many reviews for it and loads of videos to show you how to use it. It does most every thing you could want.

On1's plugins are actually not at all bad, if the purchase of the software includes the plugins like Effects for use within Lightroom or other programs, then I think it's well worth the price. I never liked their earlier efforts at a RAW converter, but haven't tried it in a couple years, so it may be better now. But, still a good price.

I use it for particular things that I can't do in Lightroom or Capture One. Mainly for adding textures and borders. There is a free trial if you want to try it. The version I have does not come with plugins, but you can still round trip edit in On1 from LR and C1.

It also now has the Denoise AI built in (but this does not work on my PC because my graphic card is not good enough). Many people would buy it for this alone.

I use it and it works fine. I have not really compared to anything else,and I mostly use it to reverse RAW copies of negatives (mainly B&W).

New PhotoRAW-2022 is being hyped. I downloaded and ran it a couple of times. It's in the style of an automated app, you pick from a range of looks, and WHAM! Your photo is post processed for you. There are additional controls, but I didn't see anything that came close to drawing me away from Lightroom. Topaz, on the other hand is very useful with Lightroom and PS. Luminar AI by Skylum has the best sky replacement I've found (better than PS). Hope this helps some readers.

I used ON1 Long time ago. it was during 1999- 2000. They had two different bundles. they are all for post processing. They all worked with Photoshop as extra filters. I remember they introduced it for colour/ Pixel adjustments/ resampling. and very minor photo processing. They also had a second bundle Called ON1 "Photo Effets" which was my favourite software. It is still available as separately as they had from the the beginning. Photo effect series is similar to "Silver Effect" Nikon series for B&W photography. But it has many colour special effet simulations and effects. It also include all the analogue B&W and colour effect to enhance your photo processed through PS or Lightroom.
My initial use of On1 Photo effect was to "create boarders. My initial software was supported for many years of up grading but they changed the company in several hands. the initial On1 was sold to PHOTOSHOP GUYS - MAT was once the owner and it is resold to another company or CEO. It is has changed many more aspects into a complimentary photo processing and it is doing some AI photo as the PS does.
I am not into any thing but I like their On1! PHOTO EFFECT BUNDLE.

As passionate B&W photographer my favourite filters was the Monochromatic/ and Biochromatic and SILVER GELATINE FILTERS. IN ON1 EFFECTS.

Back