Only a 12MP M 4/3 and 25mm Summilux?

The 25/1.4 made me consider my E-P2 or E-PL1 as an alternative choice for travel. It makes things overall easier for me. Having AF and IS together is a big plus in travel photography when you sometimes have little time for focusing.

Thanks for your input.

Nice lens to put on it! I like the flagship models, even if older, just because of the attention to detail and controls.

I bought my son a pristine in box E-P1 kit for only $45 last year! He's moved to a new Sony mirrorless now because of video performance... so while he still loves the E-P1 with my awesome Jupiter-8 for the overall feeling (and people always ask him if it's a film camera!)... I'm kind of thinking if my E-P1 ever gives out, I'll take his body.

If AF is important, I think you have to move up to an E-P3 to get that huge jump in AF performance... worth considering I suppose. The new M43 cameras have really impressive AF IMO.

I will take with me a [small sized] Zeiss Sonnar 5cm/1.5 as my people lens. It will be a 50mm & 100mm set. This is all I need. I am comfortable with not having a wider lens.

AF comes in handy, but I would not buy a new camera because of it.

Weight of:
Olympus E-PL1: 345 grams with a battery
Olympus E-P2: 355 grams with a battery
Leica M9: 585 grams without a battery
Leica M8: 545 grams without a battery; 591 grams with battery

For two cameras:
E-PL1 & E-P2: 700 grams (each with its battery)
M8 & M9: 1130 grams without any batteries

The above post now suggests to me that I could use the M9 with the 35mm Summilux in place of using E-PL1 and E-P2.

I will make up my mind in a couple of days anyways.

Back