Opinion on Leica X1

elshaneo - Most people don't buy Leicas because of value... or bang for the buck. I bought mine because it is the only compact with dedicated shutter speed / aperature dials and a simplified menu system. Leica digitals (not Pana-Leicas) are the closest thing out there to old mechanical manual cameras. Outside of AF speed and poorly implemented MF, there is nothing else to be disappointed about. Leica is working on correcting that as well. The Fuji looks great though... but it is a different type of camera.

So, I wonder why the Leica X1 does not have it's own sub-forum like the Fuji that is not even here yet?:confused: At least, those of us wanting the X1 would have a better organized forum for information if there was one.

There just aren't enough threads about the X1. The Fuji X100 got its own forum because there were tons of threads about it when the concept was introduced.

Hi, finally got my X1, awesome camera!

Manual controls, great, size almost perfect, easy menus, what else can i ask.
First thought 24mm lens would be too "point and shoot" without capabilities to isolate background, but at 2.8 it performs very well in that!

Stop bla bla, look one of my first pics.

5261261162_d19b75697c_b.jpg

Thanks to you all for your advice, very helpful, the best one being the one comparing the sizes of III typ camera and this one, in deed they fit in the same pockets.

Cheers! & happy new year!

My wife still has a Nikon D40 which does a great job but it has no soul, and I would be happy to get another 5 years out of it. For that matter, except for the S3 2000, none of my Nikon equipment has ever had soul...including the pro bodies.

Don't anthropomorphize machines. They hate it when you do that...

The F, F3, 35Ti and FM3A had oodles of character (I assume that's what you mean by "soul"). Even the humble twist-body Coolpix 990 had a rabid following.

Back