Orion-15 28mm f/6

2714088141_2197747f08_o.jpg

Orion 28 f6.0 at f11. It is not a bad lens at all, but some edge fall off - centre is sharp. Mine is a chrome version and has the typical stickiness when it has not been used for a while. You have exercise it before using it. Surprisingly flare resistant - except when the sun hits the front directly. One major advantage is the light weight - it makes the Nikkor 28 f3.5 feel like a heavy lump!!!!!

I've not been interested in this lens before because of the f6, but the pictures here are very impressive. Yan Silis shows detail of a pre-series KMZ version that's much better than the regular version, apparently. What's the story there?

had two, of which one I had to lube the threads. I didn't like it that much, why not:

1. it is not so easy to change f-stops - the ring is inside the front part of the barrel / not possible at all if a filter is put on;

2. the two I had gave only sharp results at f 11.

2714474093_3e5e28ed4b_z.jpg

Looked for one more example with the Orion 28mm f6.0. This is with the Zeiss SW and the Orion - scale focussed (the SW does not have a rangefinder).
Acros 100 in Pyrocat HD, semi stand development, 15 min.

Hi, Bar8barian.

I hope you really enjoy this lovely little lens. I have had good results from it.

I actually had it in the RFF Classifieds for several weeks before you bought it on eBay.

Let us hope this is a trend for Canada Post!

Cheers,
Dez

Interesting...and so there´s no way to tell one kmz from the others?

Do these mkz lenses have engravings or special serial numbers or slight difference in construction?

I have the PT0525 version (earliest production version by KMZ) in m39 mount

I use this lens on my Sony a7r with 36mpix and it is really impressive. Its resolution are really good and you can work with the imagas in post boosting contrast without abberation kicking in. On the a7r sensor which is not so good with short flange lenght wide lenses it produces colourshifts in the corners, the leicas and film cameras dont have this proplem apprently.

orion%2B15%2Bf8-11%2B%282%29-2.jpg

DSC07003.jpg

100%crop
kigge%2B100%25.JPG

I have made a full Lens review you may look at
http://lenshound.iblogger.org/?p=54

Orion-15 28mm f/6

Haven't seen people posting about this lens recently, so I will start a thread. Here are some shots from Orion-15. Films are either Fujicolor C200 or Kodak Ektar 100. Camera body is Bessa-R.

未标题-10 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-90-1 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-93 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-99 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-45 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-62 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-65 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-68 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-69 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-72 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

未标题-30 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-161031-0010-1 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-161031-0023-1 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-161031-0025-1 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-161031-0028-1 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

I really need to learn to move my fingers away from the opening of the lens...

Lovely photos. 28mm is my favorite wide lens. I have a Canon 28mm f3.5 which does nicely.

I would love to see someone compare the common LTM 28mm lens's available. Joe

Not a bad preforming lens at all.

Not exactly a fast lens but it is not a common lens in the FSU world of very numerous manufactured lenses like the J-8 and I-61 l/d.

looks very nice. I doubt a lot of people own this lens. last time I saw one for sale the price was way too high for me. I have a CV25/4 that serves me well.

Back