Florida Orlando Camera Swap

I will be back in Cuba on Sunday but have attended just about all of these camera swaps. Of course, Michael Levira who is "Kiwi Camera Service" is a personal friend in addition to maintaining all my photo gear. It is always a social occasion to meet new people and renew friendships. There is always food and refreshments.

There is always an eclectic mix of buyers / sellers and things for sale. Many are like me and just bring miscellaneous items to give away for future favors. But I have met strangers who have bought a complete Bronica SQA system, a Contax G system, a 21mm Biogon, a Fuji X-100. Prices are key but deals are made. If you are a seller and really willing to deal for cash, you can sell. Expect the top E-Bay pricing and you will be disappointed. If you are an open minded buyer, you just might find some treasure that you never thought you needed. Last time, I bought an antique darkroom timer for $10. It still sits on the shelf. But the seller recently told me that if I needed any more 4x5 film holders to come by his studio and he would give me some. And, I bought a lifetime supply of Photoflo last year for $1-.

Tell everyone that I said hello.

Bob,

Thanks a lot for the nice overview. I'm really looking forward to it, a little bummed to hear that you won't be there, but there's always the next one. Hope you have a good trip!

Back