Canada Ou est-ce que je peux acheter une R-D1 en Canada?

scoob_e_doo

RD-1s Finder
Local time
7:26 PM
Hello,

Okay, I don't actually speak French, but hopefully that will draw some attention? : ) Also, this is probably the wrong forum for this question, but I figured it would be the best place to ask...

I was wondering if anyone knew of a shop in TO that was selling the Epson R-D1. I can't, for the life of me, find this camera here in Toronto (or Canada, for that matter!). Next best option looks to be getting it used or perhaps from Robert White in the UK. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I know for a fact no one in the Toronto tribe has the R-D1 or the new Zeiss Ikon for that matter. I heard rumblings that Vistek carried the R-D1 by special order. In this town serious digital users prefer the big DSLR's

Bill

Yah, I've started to get a feeling for that after my first ever trips down to the local shops. Is it just me or do these shops tend to look down on the Rangefinder? I encountered quite a bit of snobbery first hand when mentioning the terms 'M-mount' or 'Voigtlander' (when they knew what those things were). But, maybe that's just my case.

Also, I found it quite hilarious how the only retailer of Voigtlander in town, Downtown Camera, seemed more interested in knocking the rangefinder and the R-D1 than selling me their overpriced lenses. : ) So I ended up deciding to save $200 and get my lenses from the states, with great service to boot!

Back