Outage Opp

Bill Pierce

Well-known
Local time
8:45 PM
Our area in Southern California has had a three day power outage as high winds increased the danger of fires from downed power lines, especially in the heavily wooded areas around us. No internet, no phone, no lights e.t.c.; so, no contribution to the Rangefinder Forum. Add to that a lot of other stuff that didn’t get done that has to be taken care of. While I’m out of commission for a day or two, this space is open to the first person that wants to start a thread that takes advantage of the wisdom of their fellow forumers. Jump in.

We only lost power a couple times on Wednesday night due to the winds. I feel fortunate we weren't in for a longer outage.

My son lives east of San Diego and while they had some fierce winds, he never lost power. He was ready if they did, generator, smart phone hot spot and an RV with a gas refrigerator. Be prepared, it's gonna get worse.

You chose to live there.

It’s a bit of a change for someone whp was based in New York City for over 40 years. But there’s something quite lovely about living next to a pond where a mother mountain lion brings her cubs to drink. The only problem is I’m a terrible wild life photographer.

Wow, down here in South Florida, we get a hurricane now and then. Electricity, of course, fails us for one to three days at a time. We have a solar generator. It will run the refrigerator, a few lights and all our technology. Best of all it is whisper quiet. Me thinks that if you can afford all the taxes and bad politics out there in California, you might consider going solar. Good luck.

The winds caused power cuts in the nearby city of Stoke on Trent for the last two days. Temperature outside is around -3 oC and snow. I really feel for them, some of my friends have a fireplace luckily.

Back