Canada Oz film order from Freestyle

ChrisN

Striving
Local time
12:02 PM
Keith has had to put his plans for a film order on hold while he deals with family issues (thread here), but I still need some Ektar for Floriade, so I'm looking for people interested in sharing the postage costs for a group order.

I ran one of these a few months ago - details here.

As with the last, I'll need people to tell me the items they want from Freestyle, with catalog number, number of items, unit cost and total cost. I don't think they can post liquid developers etc by airmail post, so no orders for them please. Freestyle web site here.

The cost of the postage from the USA to Australia will be shared in proportion to the value of each person's order. I'll need payment for the items ordered up front, at today's exchange rate of $0.8401 plus a share of the cost of USA >> Oz postage. Payment will need to be by direct deposit (bank transfer - no fees :)).

After the film arrives here at my place I'll divide it up, repack for local postage and advise the cost of local postage.

On the first order I had to pay by wire transfer which cost extra - I am checking whether this still applies.

Please PM me with your interest and order - thanks and cheers!

Edit: the last order for eight people came to just under AUD$1000 so we avoided import duty. I'll have to draw a line at that level once again to avoid that possibility. First in, best dressed!

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I'd like to put the order in about the middle of next week - bank transfers take 2 days, so orders in by Monday or Tuesday night. How does that sound?

Email or PM is fine.

Thanks for taking over the responsibility for doing this Chris ... count me in of course ... PM sent! :)

Chris,

Let me know if you need some Velvia 50, Kodachromes, or Ektachromes for Floriade. I am sure that I've got a few of each if you are interested.

Hung

The good news is that our order has arrived! The bad news is that I forgot to include the Ektar 120 I wanted. :mad: But everything else is there.

I am going in for dental surgery (having an implant installed) at 8:15 tomorrow morning, and expect to be "under the weather" for a few days recovering. I will do my best to get the order split up, packed and despatched for posting before the end of the week. For those outside of Canberra I will need to advise each of you the postage cost after I have packed and weighed. For the two Canberra people, if you'd like to drop around to collect this week please contact me (I live in Tuggeranong).

Attachments

• Freestyle-order-arrived.jpg
    Freestyle-order-arrived.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Great work guys (Chris and Keith particularly). Somehow I always seem to be out of kilter with the timing of these orders - but I will participate in or organise one of these next time I need film. It's really the only affordable way for film users here in ripped-off-Oz.

...Mike

Well, I'm interested too. Perhaps we should get together and sort out an order? Film prices here in OZ just compel one to buy it online from overseas. I'm just after some film and some powder chems. What about you guys?

Anyone else interested?

Back