Packing computer monitor in suitcase?

ymc226

Well-known
Local time
12:59 AM
I am very slowly moving to LA from NJ and have a large 36inch Zero Halliburton hard sided aluminum suitcase. Rather than shipping my 2 NEC PA monitors by USPS or UPS, I am thinking of just putting them in the suitcase after wrapping them very carefully.

Plan on 4 or 5 plane trips back and forth this year with 2 suitcases each time so I can take my clothing. Will make the complete move in 2-3 years so would not want to be without my photo processing equipment for that long. Do you think it would be safer to just buy a big box and ship it using the usual services? I don't have the original packing boxes for the 24 and 27 inch monitors anymore.

Buy new and leave in NJ.

Sell in LA when you are done.

I don't think those monitors are meant to be shipped do often.

B2 (;->

BillBingham2 has the right answer. Any shipping method has low guarantee of sucess, checked airline baggage is probably worse of all.

And Bill, where the heck is Ames? No Hawkeyes in the neighborhood are there?

You mean you plan to shuttle them back and forth? Why not ship one monitor to LA and leave one in NJ until your final move? Have FedEx do the packing and shipping. They are excellent!

I'd use a service and pack them extremely well, use the original boxes and packing materials if you have them. Otherwise just buy new, you'll likely get more bang for your buck.

Best of luck!

Back