Pakistan street 1957-1958

Also, there's a great couple of posts on street photography right now on The Online Photographer, including a good discussion of editing. As an editor now of a big body of work, might be worth reading...

Hi everybody,

I haven't been posting any new pictures here lately. Late last year my godfather passed away, which didn't leave me in the mood of scanning the Pakistan images. Also earlier this year, some envelopes with negatives from this trip were found. :) All negatives were hand-cut in strips of 2. Only by comparing the cutting-edge, I was able to reconstruct 12 complete rolls of 6x6 negatives. And about 8 - 9 rolls are incomplete.
And although I'm still behind with the scanning of my own nagatives :(. I decided to pick up the scanning, starting with the negatives.

Here's a example

R001-009.jpg by HoodedOne, on Flickr

The photos in this thread are wonderful! Aside from their technical merit--and they are excellent--they are also interesting, affecting, and some of the best street photography I have seen in a while. Thanks for sharing!

This is a wonderful collection of images of a country that is now in turmoil. Then, life was simple. I hope that you can post more images here.

Great photos. I'm from Pakistan and it was fascinating to see old pictures of my country.

Were you able to publish them somewhere? As someone said earlier in this rather old thread, it deserves a photo book.

I hope the OP is around to post more photos. I was in Lahore earlier this year and never have I met friendlier people in my travels.

great stuff! can't wait to see more
I suppose Speedfreak is right, at least as much as one still may find similar views today, but I can't be sure for it was the 1980s that I had been there.
I am surprised about the modern apartment blocks ( at post17 ), that these would exist in late 1950s

Back