pancake 40 on the canon eos m?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
5:30 AM
there is a bnib canon ef pancake 40/2.8 lens for sale locally at a very good price...very tempting!

anyone with experience using this on the eos m with adapter care to share your thoughts?

Why these deals comes as soon as I have no money left for a while? :bang:

Buy it, please, if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you!

Why these deals comes as soon as I have no money left for a while? :bang:

Buy it, please, if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you!

i just sent an email...it's a private seller not a store...i would need to get the eos m>ef/efs adapter which costs more than the lens!

I used it with the adapter on the M, as well as on the originally intended EF bodies. Fantastic lens and incredible value. It is very much the equivalent of the XF27 in many ways -maybe better??? As far as specific use on the M, the adapter is really the big part. Once all fitted, it feels (sizewise) a bit like a regular 50. FL is 60 on the M, leaving you with the 22(35) and this, the 40(65) -a nice set. AF and all other features work exactly as on an EF body. Definitely a BUY.

Yes, I can confirm that it gives excellent results on the M and on the normal DSLRs, with the one caution that the 64mm equivalent focal lenth may not suit all users.

14937204022_d1ea4eff70_c.jpg

15669681016_7bbc57acd0_c.jpg

i hate this whole kijiji experience...people have no class whatsoever! no response to my email, sent another and no response to it either.
i assume the lens has been sold , the ad not removed and the seller not motivated to answer emails now.
f**k!

Sorry to hear you couldn't get your hands on it. I've tried the combo at Canon's "store" in Calgary. It seemed to work as it should, but AF was a bit slow.

I have the 40mm and use it occasionally on my 5Dmk2, but I am not thrilled with AF performance compared to lenses with USM focusing.

probably for the best...i tend to get carried away too quickly.
my plan is to use the m plus 22 as a daily carry and to evaluate if i could live with one camera one lens...

I picked up my 40/2.8 from Radio Shack/The Source, of all places. There was a package with a crappy tripod and the lens, for less than the lens alone.

I just checked and they don't have that package any more, but there was also a package with the 50/1.8 at the same time.

So, TL;DR there are sometimes crazy specials on this "entry level" lens. It's sharp as hell on my 5d3.

probably for the best...i tend to get carried away too quickly.
my plan is to use the m plus 22 as a daily carry and to evaluate if i could live with one camera one lens...

Agreed. The 22mm should be a much better combo for that camera as a one-lens solution. Can't go wrong with a relatively fast 35mm equivalent.

I took a 28mm and the 40mm as a light weight combo on vacation last year and the difference in focal length wasn't enough for me to spark any creativity. I imagine a 22mm and 40mm on APS-C would have the same effect.

maybe a 40 is in the works after all...i found one at an even better price than the first one that never materialized...the seller promises to deliver it to my place after work today!
time will tell!

Did you get the lens Joe? I use it om my M with the adaptor, great pix but a bit large.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Back