Other Areas Paris - Friday June 16, 2006

BJ Bignell

Je n'aurai plus peur
Local time
3:08 AM
Hello all!

I will be in Paris with Jo for a few days in mid-June, and would like to have an RFF get-together on Friday, June 16. If you are available for the day, it would be great to meet some of our French members, and maybe even see Paris through the eyes of a Parisian!

I have no idea what to do or see, so if anyone has suggestions, please shout them out. I hope to see some of you there.

And now, in perfect broken French:

Je m'en vais a Paris avec ma femme Josee pour quatre jours ce Juin, et je veux avoir un liaison des membres de RFF sur vendredi, le 16 Juin. Si vous etes libre, il sera interessant de vous rejoindres, pour voir Paris sur les yeux des Parisiens.

J'ai aucune idee pour qu'est-ce que on peut fair ou voir a Paris, donc, si vous avez des suggestions, mettez les ici!

Cheers / A bientot!
BJ

i guess it's too far in time. You know french people are so sponmtaneous and irresponsible:D

I would be interested but don't know myself yet, if i will be free on that weekend! Might have some guests comin' over. And i'm in the netherlands so it's not that easy for me.
But i love Paris, so...tempted.

sorry for Paris... I wish I was there then!

I'm the frenchie in charge of RFF/ DeviantArt meetings in Prague ;) We have a photographers meeting starting in 30 minutes. I'm geared up, limited myself to a Kiev-2A w/ 35-50-85 lens, Minolta Hi-Matic F, Fed5 w/35mm, PentaconSix w/50mm and a digital p&s for documenting the event :)

Hope you'll get some feedback soon!

BJ Bignell said:
Je m'en vais a Paris avec ma femme Josee pour quatre jours ce Juin, et je veux avoir un liaison des membres de RFF sur vendredi, le 16 Juin. Si vous etes libre, il sera interessant de vous rejoindres, pour voir Paris sur les yeux des Parisiens.
Hello BJ !

You might have more luck with happily married/engaged RFF members if you proposed something other than an affair (une liaison). :angel:

More seriously, as Pherdinand correctly guessed, I for one don't have the faintest idea of where I'll need to be that day. I'll work that out and let you know. :cool:

Bertram2 is apparently in Paris the week after 16 June - maybe there is some leeway on your side or his?
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=297305&postcount=59

As for what to do/see you'll have to tell us more about what you two like: Roman, medieval, Renaissance, classic, romantic, art nouveau, contemporary... in only four days you want to be selective!

Bienvenue à vous!
ag @ Paris

Alec, thanks for the language tip, but I did warn that my French is broken.

Anyways, for me it would have to be the Friday, because I have an early flight to London on Saturday, and on the Monday following I fly back to Canada.

Hallo BJ,
I'm very sorry I'm not available on June 16 - big conference day. June is a very busy month for me :(
Maybe we can meet on saturday (17) instead; before, it is completely impossible for me. Soooorry.
If you need information about interesting places in Paris, I think we (I and other members) can give you some tips.
Marc

PS: good French, much better than my German ;)

Back