Paris in winter

Very nicely done.
...and the presentation is superb.
I am in Prague as I write this and will be in Paris sometime after the 19 April.
cheers

Lauffray I love these - I've come back to this set four or five times since you originally posted them and spent a very enjoyable half hour last night going through your website - there's something very compelling about your work although I can't quite put my finger on what it is, which perhaps is part of the appeal. Some of them look almost like "photos of nothing" at first glance but there's a very refined graphic sensibility at work here, and a real emotional hook as well - possibly projection on my part but there's an almost tangible sense of the confusion, loneliness and alienation of big cities when I look at your images. Really excellent work!

Steve is right. I think of Saul Leiter when I look at some of these. The non-compositions at times; the quiet percpetion of people at a distance; the mood. In many you push Paris out of the frame and retain the mystery of something else within the frame. I was in Paris in May: all my shots were declarative: these are nearly all inner pictures. That girl in the herringbone coat - it's like you're inside her head, not 'girl on street in Paris.'

Back