Patience pays...

analoged

Well-known
Local time
11:33 PM
well, after wanting one of these for what seems forever, I got one! All for the some of $202 shipped! Took a gamble on one listed for parts because the shop didn't have battery to test, for $180 on eBay. The price R-D1's command is quite crazy for a 6.1mp camera, and M8's were coming down, some even under a thousand, but still couldn't really justify. Anyway, I'm in love with this jewel! Especially with my 35 Lux Pre Asph, having AE, and 2000th top shutter speed compared to my M6.

A few pics...

And with some glass I can't wait to try with it...

(L to R, 35 Elmar, 50 Summar, 50 CSJ in Jupiter 8 mount, 1951 Jupiter 8, Industar 61L/D)

That was a steal! Congratulations.
If I had come across one for that price I would've jumped on it too

Enjoy your R-D1. I loved using mine.

Thanks guys! Camera arrived right before heading to Tokyo, so I brought it with me and ordered a battery and charger in Japan. I was able to find a 1500mh size battery, and cost was about $14 for both delivered. I saw on eBay a listing with two 2200mh batteries and charger for $13,50 shipped! But they had problems with shipping and could not deliver. Also the wifey had an old Panasonic class 4 2gb card made in Japan! Posted the first few shots in the post your pics thread!!!

Incredibly low price. I sold one of mine R-D1s this year for £490, and it took only three days for the shop to find a buyer. The image processing both in colour and black and white is just fantastic with the R-D1.

I have to say thanks to RichC's site, that is now hosted by the head bartender. Any question or little problem I had when I got this thing fired up again, has been answered within those pages. Two problems I had with this 'parts' camera, first rangefinder off vertically. Opened up the hot shoe and after about ten minutes, aligned. Next after calibrating the needles, I noticed the battery level was off, again quick read, and in less then ten minutes, problem solved!

Great price! I would definitely get one again for this price, although I wouldn't use one much anymore.

Back