Pentax k-01, Pentax mirrorless with K-mount

kai.zorki

Established
Local time
1:18 PM
I wonder, that nobody already mentioned this.
It should be announced in february on CP+.

-k-5 sensor
-k-mount
-contrast af, af 81 split
-121mm width, 79mm height, 59mm depth

Other specs here: http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hot-pentax-k-01-mirrorless-camera-coming-soon/

What dou you think?
Seems large enough to be used with slr lenses and the limiteds would be great on that body.

Pentax has some nice small primes, but all relatively slow and I don't think there are any prime options that give the equivalent of 21-24mm.

Hm, interesting. I have only herd the rumor about the K-mount unit for GXR which to me makes more sense.

But putting a (full frame) SLR mount on an APS-C mirrorless camera sounds like a desperate attempt to put out a mirror-less camera ASAP. Already the size (thickness) of 59mm says it - not a compact camera.

WHy not use smaller sensors (m4/3, APS-C) to produce smaller cameras that can use smaller lenses and then make FF cameras for those who need/want them?

But in any way I am sure this will make many Pentax users happy - they have been wanting a mirror less body for ages. So let's hope it's a good one.

Could be of interest to those currently invested in K-mount glass, but otherwise sounds like it might be a clunker.

Wow, seriously?
At this point I'd only pay attention if Pentax released a full-frame digital Pentax LX.

Sounds interesting, but what are the benefits of an SLR mount on a mirrorless? The smaller flange distance is gone, probably no possibility for mounting any legacy lenses. Imo, the ability to be able to use all weird lenses and mounts should be a prerequisite for any EVIL camera.

Sounds interesting, but what are the benefits of an SLR mount on a mirrorless? The smaller flange distance is gone, probably no possibility for mounting any legacy lenses. Imo, the ability to be able to use all weird lenses and mounts should be a prerequisite for any EVIL camera.

I was wondering a similar thing with respect to the expected Olympus OM-D. It's mirrorless but uses an OM mount.

Back