Perfex/Nikon Hack

Ambro51

Collector/Photographer
Local time
7:51 PM
Click image for larger version  Name:	387E5437-FA0A-427F-A069-5D96F8C0F391.jpg Views:	0 Size:	331.3 KB ID:	4790916 The Perfex rangefinder is a fairly well made, simple, inexpensive American made rangefinder camera built from 19:9 to 1950. The lenses available were “OK”, but after playing around with a ground glass, I discovered that the Nikon focal mount distance was Very similar. So......out came an old Nikkor HC Auto 50mm F2. A “Great” lens in all respects. It ‘fit’, sort of, well enough I could attach it with wraps of copper wire and several winds of black electrical tape. Final attachment, if this all works good, will be a sleeve made with the 38mm thread. I will work. •••••. After looking at the anemic images thrown by the standard Graf 3.5, the HC is dynamically awesome!

No. To get focus, the Perfex body focus is all the way out at 3 feet. The Nikon lens focuses itself. I’m good at estimating distances so scale focus and depth of field work OK. Most likely a Nikon F adapter of some type could attach to the mount. Shooting it today.

Back