Photographing Rugby with the Leica SL

CrisR

Well-known
Local time
7:20 PM
I recently picked up an SL to pair with my M9 and had a great time shooting my local Rugby club to test it out.

I've put up a report on Medium for those interested. I'd post some photos here, but Medium is far more suited to that kinda thing.

Enjoy!

...Whether the SL will end up ruining my experiences with the M is still to be seen.

Yeah, wouldn't want to give in too soon... ;) :D

That SL is a brilliant camera, if I ever get back into decent money it'll be the camera I buy when I graduate from my much-loved A7. RF focusing is fun on the Leica II, but in general it's arcane to me.

And the big-sized B&W shots half way through your report are brilliant btw.

Excellent! And great photos!

The SL + M is a great kit ... Perfect complements. I pair my SL with the M-D now, the two ends of the digital camera spectrum. :)

G

The shots you linked to exemplify the remarkably clean files from the SL. The high ISO performance of the SL is stunning.

Using a MF 50 for shots is not easy and you display a lot of skill.

I recently borrowed a 24mm-90mm from Leica for NYC Fashion Week, and I learned how well the image stablization works when using native SL glass. Now I can't wait for my 50 Lux-SL to be delivered to fully exploit the high ISO with image stabilization.

My Monochrom is currently undergoing sensor replacement, but after having experienced using the SL my MM feels kinda very primitive. LOL. Seems like the weathersealing on the native glass would be an asset for you.

Cal

Back