Photokina?

One can always hope, eh? There had been an announcement of a forthcoming new camera a bit over a year ago, that project presumably set aside in favor of intense development of the EPSON digital. Whether the previous product will be resurrected, who knows... but it's hopeful!

After a lot of speculation, the only hints supplied then were that it didn't feature auto exposure and that it would be unique in the market. After surprises like the Bessa-L and -T, and Bessaflex TM styled like a Topcon, with even a recreated Topcor lens... what could Mr Kobayashi be cooking up for us next??

Half-frame? Panoramic? Interchangable film backs? Variable magnification viewfinder? Stereo seems a possibility, as there could be a small but devoted niche there to fill. And some 'essential' accessories to sell us too, like print mounts and viewers, lenses packaged in matched pairs, etc.

I wonder if Kobayashi has been enjoying reading all these speculations, and getting cool ideas for future products!

Oops! I somehow read your question about Kyocera as being about Cosina! Sorry...

Kyocera = Yashica + Contax as far as photo stuff is concerned, right? So, you're wondering what they might have up their sleeves for the G2 system... Hmmm... Dunno! :)

Was wondering... though I think Cosina will not put in a motor drive in the R3, add a longer rangefinder, maybe add TTL flash (needs it) or a faster shutter (would buy one then).

As for Kyocera... would like them to do one of the following at least:

1. Contax G3D
2. Sonar 135mm G
3. Planar 35mm F/1.5 or smaller (glass already there).
4. Hologon 12mm F8
5. TVS II Digital (maybe 35mm F2?)
6. G3 (update the body a little)
7. ND Mark 2
8. RTS Digital

Thoughts anyone?

It sounds like Contax will be releasing new 35mm kit for Photokina. So will ig be G, MM, N or something new?

Back