photos: All Italian Day 2014, A Baker's Dozen

Godfrey

somewhat colored
Local time
2:09 AM
A few Leica X photos made at yesterday's All Italian Day Car & Motorcycle Show:

I thought it would be too much to post all of them here in one post.
You can see the full set of 13 on Flickr.com using this gallery link:

A wonderful day and one of my favorite annual events, a benefit for the Special Olympics kids hosted by the SF Bay Area Alfa Romeo club.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Great photos, thanks! When I was in my teens years (not yet allowed to have a driving license) the Fiat Abarth 850 TC was a dream for all of the boys of my age!
robert

Hey guys, I drove a Jag for years . . . don't talk to me about twitchy electricals !!!
Push that starter button and only God knows what will turn on. Be sure to carry a mallet for tapping the fuel pump (conveniently accessible in the trunk) to get it pumping again.

My AMC Hornet also made me into an amateur car mechanic!
It died when it decided to do so. It was a "good car". I died only in Blacksburg (Virginia) where I was studying. It never died during a road trip.

Hey guys, I drove a Jag for years . . . don't talk to me about twitchy electricals !!!
At the time, my best friend's father drove a Jag and it spent more time in the garage than on the road... Best friend and me became Jag mechanics overnight. An amazing combination of 'luxury' and 'mechanical failure'.

Years ago I had a Fiat Tipo which was amazingly practical when we used to take a table at antique fairs. Bags of room and good to drive. Unfortunately it was never out the garage for some repair or another, mainly electrical. The mechanic said that Fiat stood for Fix It Again Tomorrow.

LOL, it's always funny how the ancient stereotypes surface ... :)

I've loved a number of Italian cars over the decades—from FIAT to Alfa Romeo to Lamborghini—and all were fun, none were perfect ... and you wouldn't want them to be. Also owned my share of German and British and Japanese beasties too.

Of them all, the little sedan that was the most fun to drive but spent the most time in the shop running down my checking account was a '71 BMW 2002. Really liked it but in the end I just couldn't afford to keep it running.

Of course, all the modern, current issue of these automakers are far better than these old beauties in any practical terms. But I'd still dearly like to own a Lancia Fulvia Coupe some day. :)

Yes, this one ... :)

G

i thought the prince of darkness was british?

... that's just Lucas the prince of darkness ... it was Magneti Marelli that was truly dead ... :D

I have experience of both ... sadly

PS I did own the most powerful and fastest FIAT ever made for over four years without a single fault, so they are addressing their label now perhaps

I had a fiat spider 850 for a while back in high school. The cool kids had triumph spitfires.
(Not my pic)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
Back