Photos taken with W-Nikkor 3.5cm F2.5

I've been thinking of getting a ltm version of this lens to go with my leotax and a7c. What would be a good price for this with the original viewfinder? Thanks in advance.:)

The Leitz SOOGZ adapter for the summaron 35/3.5 fits the LTM version of the nikkor 35/2.5. The SOOGZ allows use of standard 39mm filters with this lens (and others).

Ever since someone on this forum told me about the Edna Lite 604, I've been using that with my LTM W-Nikkor-C 3.5cm f2.5, and as a bonus, it also fits my W-Nikkor-C 2.8cm f3.5. It uses Series VI filters. It's the same vintage as the Nikon Rangefinder lenses.

Best,
-Tim

Ever since someone on this forum told me about the Edna Lite 604, I've been using that with my LTM W-Nikkor-C 3.5cm f2.5, and as a bonus, it also fits my W-Nikkor-C 2.8cm f3.5. It uses Series VI filters. It's the same vintage as the Nikon Rangefinder lenses.

Best,
-Tim

I was the one who told you about the Edna Lite 604 adapter.. as I had to get a way to get filters on my two 3.5 cm f2.5 lenses back in the early 1990s and those adapters were the handiest thing to find and buy at camera shows .

36mm slip-on filters also work on that lens.

does someone know if the early Nikkor 35mm 2.5 Nikonos lens has a similar design (lens elements radius and size) as the late 1959 W-Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 or was it remodeled for the Nikonos ?
I'd like to swap a scratched front lens element and use a Nikonos lens as a donor .

The Nikonos lens was definitely modified a little from the original, I'm not sure if the front element remained the same though. Here is the Nikonos version diagram, if it helps.

ljP09aB.jpg

WJJ3 's excellent photos made me seek out a slightly higher contrast this time. I tried Kentmere 400 which I find to have a bit more pop than the usual stuff I have been using. A lot depends on the printing/scanning method too, of course. I'm still kind of conservative when it comes to contrast.

51566573105_d15211380e_b.jpg

51548283627_18178186cf_b.jpg

51553980665_35ddd49140_b.jpg

WJJ3 's excellent photos made me seek out a slightly higher contrast this time. I tried Kentmere 400 which I find to have a bit more pop than the usual stuff I have been using. A lot depends on the printing/scanning method too, of course. I'm still kind of conservative when it comes to contrast.

keytarjunkie
Wonderful photos! And beautiful tones. The light overcast and creamy whites really make these shots striking. BTW, I have a confession to make. I have been cheating on my 35/2.5 with a recently acquired 35/1.8 in Nikon S mount ;)

_MG_4401 copy.jpg Near the AZ/NM border on I-10 (I call it dust-devil alley). (Leica IIIg/Nikkor 35/2.5, Ilford SFX). Though the scan is not so hot, the resolution of this lens @ infinity is pretty phenomenal!

Attachments

• _MG_4401 copy.jpg
    _MG_4401 copy.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 0
Just overhauled one for the Nikon-S last night. Cannot get to open the objective, very weird. It seems like the last person who worked on this sealed it shut :eek::eek::eek:

I was going to reply "read Richard Haw's page on how to open this objective"... until I saw the username...

CBEC7A4D-7B83-4C6F-B5D0-3AA828B6626E.jpg I recently picked up a Nikonos III that came w/ the Nikkor 35mm f2.5. Still learning the ways of the camera, but so far impressed with the lens, at least w/ Portra 400:

FF337AB7-B428-4719-B235-F9E374FF7BA2.jpg

Back