Photos using pre-war Zeiss lenses

Tessar 2,8cm/8 on Lumix G1:

P1260721.jpg

P1260689.jpg

Loving the photos in this thread.
Have to ask, would they be just as disturbing if they where of allied troops?. Not all the men of the German army were nazi, if we take this to the logical end we should destroy these lenses and cameras because they brought money into Germany that would ofhelp to fund its build up to war.
As stated before to forget is to repeat. Let's just admire the photos that these great lenses produce.

CZJ Sonnar 50 f/1.5 before internal lens surface cleaning. Little bit too much glow to my taste.

Agfa Superpan 200 and Walz K2 filter
DB131004.jpg

DB131021.jpg

CZJ Sonnar 50 f/1.5 after cleaning the internal lens surfaces.
Entrance to the ruins of Fort St.Andries

FA131107.jpg

+1, it is completly disgusting.

The history is a difficult subject, it is better to keep it separate from photography. Nothing is black and white. Some of us have lost relatives in Nazi camps, some of us have grand parents killed by Soviet regime, yet posting old photos does not mean we support atrocities that were done by people in some of those pictures.

yet posting old photos does not mean we support atrocities that were done by people in some of those pictures.

They aren't old photos. All the photos on the thread are recently taken using these old lenses.

I hope to have more good enough to share soon. Hopefully none contentious ones.

Shot taken in Gunnesbury Park Ealing London in 1971/2 with my Contax 111 and F2.0 Sonnar.

The camera's shutter failed in '73 and I did not have it repaired, I think it went for parts and all that was left was the Sonnar that I eventually sold through eBay in recent years. As you see it is a fine performer. Scan of fibre based silver print made around the same time.

I now have 2 post war Contaxes.

Back