pick one (please)

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
6:39 AM
16887393377_fef45ef96f_c.jpg
[/url]04.09.15.eos.m.11.22.lege walk_edited-1.sm by joerizzuto2015, on Flickr[/IMG]

16887394497_a97402de33_c.jpg
[/url]lege walk _edited-1.sm by joerizzuto2015, on Flickr[/IMG]

Could you blend about 20-30% of the second one into the first just to tone it down a tad, particularly on the left which looks a little heavy on the blacks on the first one for my taste.
Nice pic btw.

... it could possibly benefit from burning the corners a bit, the top right in particular ... and those little light areas in the bottom left

#2. #1 has too much bright white sky for my taste (my eyes go right there), plus I like the way the trees extend to upper left and upper right corners of the second one. The second one also looks at little less contrasty, though it could probably stand to be a bit darker in the midtones.

BTW did you crank up the 'clarity' slider in LR?

#1, but burn the upper right a bit, as Stewart suggested. Or better yet, do a black-to-transparent gradient blend on a separate layer and dial back the opacity until it looks real.

I would work this a bit. I like the separation of the foreground branch (lower left) in the second shot, but otherwise like the first. I would post-process to combine.

I'd rotate the image ever so slightly clockwise (.5 degrees??) to straighten the building. It's sinking to the left. I'd also clip off the bottom of the image to eliminate the sidewalk just sneaking into the bottom of the frame.Otherwise, the composition is good. The two figures are nicely placed.
I also agree with trying to work the sky a bit more to bring the tone down a bit to balance out the image but this may not be possible with a cloudless sky and the angle of the sun in the photo. They sky may turn to mud. Maybe a tighter crop like in #2 to reduce the sky?

I choose door #3...

Neither of the OP's two crops works for me. If forced to choose from only those I would reluctantly choose #1. #2 destroys the strong vertical lines in the walkway and trees.

Door #3:

Attachments

• Door3.jpg
    Door3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
interesting answers and a bit of a discovery for me...i asked the original question because i noticed the differences in contrast and liked them both...thought i'd ask you all for another opinion...turns out this is a good way for me to get feedback on an image.

just for the record...i quite like door #3 but my preference is the square shot.

Back