Piezography and like-minded folks

Piezography and like-minded folks

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just checked the website and nothing states that it's a "Sale Price" so I'm assuming that these will be posted on BLK Friday(29NOV19).

I'm on my way to Vermont in May!

I'm on my way to Vermont in May!

Congrats, you are in for a treat in regards to quality and dedication.
Be prepared to be spoiled by the results that they can achieve. Nothing else will do after you've seen what is possible and what difference it makes.

This past weekend, I booked my reservations for the May 25-28 Piezography printing class. Looking forward to this and all that it is advertised to be. Any comments from those that have taken the week long course. Places to eat close by, etc. I'm staying at a B&B about 15 minutes away and have never done this sort of trip before.

I did the digital neg/Platinum Palladium class last year, it rocked.

You'll get a discount buy at the end of the class too, so keep that mind.

This past weekend, I booked my reservations for the May 25-28 Piezography printing class. Looking forward to this and all that it is advertised to be. Any comments from those that have taken the week long course. Places to eat close by, etc. I'm staying at a B&B about 15 minutes away and have never done this sort of trip before.

An update

An update

Well that post was made just before the covid shutdown. And since everything just stopped, I was able to postpone my trip until the workshops were reopened and will head to Vermont in the fall for the final workshop of the year. In the interim, I made changes to my printers. I upgraded my 4800's to a P900 for color and a P800 for Piezography Pro. Both printers are a joy to use! I've installed the "chipless solution" on the P800 and have not had an issue on any of the Canson papers that I like to use. Lately I've been trying Canson photo rag and love the results.

Haven't seen much of conversations about piezography. Are people moving away from it or just not printing much anymore?

Haven't seen much of conversations about piezography. Are people moving away from it or just not printing much anymore?
I can't speak for others but, having spent a number of years printing Black Only with an Epson WorkForce 30, and Quadtone RIP with a C88, I find I am getting better results more easily with Epson's ABW in an R2880 and more recently a P700.

kjrslr - how was the class? (since classes have started up again)
The class was fun and interesting. There were only 6 of us so we each got a lot of one on one. Since I have been using piezography for a number of years, a lot of it was a review for me. With that being said, I did learn a few things and they did go over the software and profiled a new Canson paper that they recently received. I guess they have an advanced course where you dive into the software. I would recommend the class even if you're an experienced user.

Presently I have an Epson 7800 loaded with Piezoflush in storage. I moved to the Burbs and bought a house before retiring. It might be a while to set up my printing studio again. Seems like I outgrew the K7 and grew to love the Piezography Pro.

I intend on doing some of the workshops, especially the one on digital negatives. Also interested in alternative process.

The house currently has me busy...

Cal

Back