Other Areas Pittsburgh, PA USA

Very nice town Pittsburgh is. I had the pleasure of making a couple business trips out there. The people are very friendly and the town is quite inviting and fun. I played a nice golf course in town, West Hill CC or something like that, excellent old course.

hmmmmm not much response on this one.... how about Cleveland or Buffalo or anywhere within that triangle of cities... could have a tri-state group from this area.....

thanks for the kind words Rover. Pittsburgh is a pretty nice place, with some great photo opps.

tp

tpersin said:
any other RFFers in the Pittsburgh, PA area?

-tom

Hi,

I grew up in Pittsburgh and moved to State College about 5 years ago. I visit there a few times a year and would be glad to come in for a trip. :D

How I miss Pittsburgh!

There are two kinds of people on this planet. Those who LOVE Pittsburgh, and those who have not been there yet!

My first notion of Pittsburgh was seeing the "Pittsburgh Sucks" graffiti while walking to a Cleveland Indians game as a kid - stadium was shared with the Browns back then. About 10 years later, I paid my first of many visits to Pittsburgh, expecting it, wanting it to suck. It didn't. What a fantastic city. Pittsburgh is great! I even had a nice chat with a guy in a pub - while watching an Indians game. Haven't been in a while, but wouldn't mind another visit.

In my experience, nicest drivers, the kind that pause when the light is green to allow that one car that would hold up opposing traffic to turn instead. Heading to the east side of the state, you find some of America's worst drivers, the kind that cut you off, break check and all sorts of rudeness. The City Of Brotherly Love must be a disfunctional family thing where the brothers beat the crap out of each other.

All,

Back in the 'burgh for a few days coming up next week. First time back in eons and I am on a tight schedule, but I would love to stop by any of the old existing camera stores that have survived.

Google didn't seem too friendly. In particular, are there any still open in the South Hills?

I would also love a suggestion or two that I could squeeze in running between Primanti's and the Warhol in "The City." :D

Thanks in advance!

Back