Playing with my Amedeo on an M 240

wlewisiii

Just another hotel clerk
Local time
5:44 PM
I recieved my Amedeo adapter from CQ this morning and took a bit of a drive south east of town this afternoon with the Nikon adapted Sonnar 50/2 collapsible and the Nikkor 50/1.4 and had a bit of fun. They are, shall we simply say, very different lenses...

First from the 50/2 Sonnar:

L1009436-2.jpgL1009441-1.jpgL1009453.jpg

I dearly love this lens :)

Next the Nikkor 50/1.4. There was the one scene very similar with both lenses that points out the enormous difference in contrast between these pre-war and post-war lenses.

L1009444.jpgL1009476.jpgL1009491.jpg

Love this lens too. But then, it is hard to make a truly bad 50 ;)

Lovely scenes, @wlewisiii. Looks like a part of the world I could happily get along with.

Regarding the bridge scene... I'm guessing the Sonnar was mostly being affected by lens flare there. After all, the barn above it looks absolutely beautiful. I love the way those pre-war lenses render scenes like that with a nice soft contrast.

Nice photos! I have the Nikkor 5cm f1.4 in both S-mount and LTM versions and appreciate the details, contrast, and sharpness of your photos.

Lovely scenes, @wlewisiii. Looks like a part of the world I could happily get along with.

Regarding the bridge scene... I'm guessing the Sonnar was mostly being affected by lens flare there. After all, the barn above it looks absolutely beautiful. I love the way those pre-war lenses render scenes like that with a nice soft contrast.
The two were only just minutes apart but the bridge was facing close to the sun while the barn was to the east of me. While the sun would not have been directly in frame, the water would have definately made it have a greater impact as well. So, yes, flare. Good observation.

Hmm... (digs through odds & ends) ah, I do have a 40.5mm vented lens hood :D That might be a wee bit of a help here.

Back