Please help me look cool!

johnamazement

Established
Local time
7:56 PM
Although I am under 40, my wife thinks I look like a fuddy-duddy because I have forsaken my 5DII (and digital in general) in favour of my M4-P and HP5.

She will not be seen in public with me if I'm carrying the Leica and only puts up with my Olympus XA because it will pass for a digital point-and-shoot from a distance.

It an effort to persuade her that I am in fact as cool as I know I am, I found the picture below.

If you can find some more examples of cool people with leicas or film cameras in general it may save my marriage!

sjm6.jpg

It's a trick!!! The only reason she complains is because she actually knows a Leica makes you more attractive to the opposite sex! I get compliments from the ladies about Leicas and other RFs, not so often about DSLRs.
You're not wearing a photovest, are you?

If your wife thinks you look cooler with a DSLR than with an M4-P you may want to contemplate just being at one with your Leica and consider a 'spousal re-assignment!'

:p

.... what Phantomas said. Although personally I wouldn't denigrate the sartorial elegance of the photo-vest ... its wearers' have enough problems ;D

i'm sorry but a pic of a hot n famous young woman will not save your marriage no matter what camera she carries :p
PS: maybe work on that beer-belly and man-tits instead of worrying about the camera.
That's what I am trying, anyway. (Doesnt work so far)

All the people with DSLR's wish they used Leica's. It's a fact.
Btw, from personal experience I know RF's attract far far far more good looking attention than any hunky piece of plastic does.

All the people with DSLR's wish they used Leica's. It's a fact.
Btw, from personal experience I know RF's attract far far far more good looking attention than any hunky piece of plastic does.

True. Leica is invaluable tool for attracting just the right demographic of females, hot librarian types.

Back