Please Read This Message First!!!!!

pdek

"Dekkam" as was
Local time
3:01 PM
I'm a fussy old soul, I guess, but I'd like to see postings with similar topics all gathered together under their common topic headings (threads). If you really want to start a topic that isn't related to one of the existing threads, you may certainly start an appropriate new one, but if it fits under an existing thread heading I would prefer that you enter your new posting under that thread topic.
The first thread, "Dechert's Favorites", was of course begun not by me but by our "sponsor", so to speak. Since then, though, I've been trying to create overall subject categories that can contain a range of specifics in which you may be interested. There is room for many more, of course, but I really would like to keep related questions together in their own space.
Thus you may find that I've moved your posting to a different thread, or, if you started a thread, I've either renamed it or combined it with an existing one. I hope you'll understand my reasoning, and please forgive me!
Thanks, Peter

PS: You'll find that I usually answer your questions (when I can) by editing my answer into the original question, normally headed by the word "REPLY". This keeps questions and responses together in one place. The only way, then, that you can find my response to your posting is actually to examine your posting itself and see if I have added a reply. I think this is simpler than any alternative, and hope it works for you, too.

Last edited:
Where to find my monographs, etc.

Where to find my monographs, etc.

Some of you may be interested in reading the monographs that I wrote for John Baird's Historical Camera Publications. They were issued in small printings, and his business was terminated by unrelated events in his life before he could get around to reprinting them. The titles were:
Canon Single Lens Reflex Cameras 1959-1991
Olympus Pen Single Lens Reflex Cameras
The Contax Connection
The Contax S Camera Family
In addition, on the "SONGOFSNOW.COM" website you will find reprints of some of the articles I wrote for SHUTTERBUG and other outlets, under the general title I used during my many years of being a monthly contributor:
The Dekkam Files
The address for all these reissues is:

http://www.songofsnow.com/Peter-Dechert-Articles-s/156.htm

More, including brand-new musings, will be added as we go along: I'm working right now on a new monograph about the very early development of the Canon Hansa cameras.
Enjoy!
Peter

Back