Pointed and Shot: Your P&S Photos

Yashica T4
U38373I1572813365.SEQ.2.jpg

U38373I1572813365.SEQ.1.jpg

Here are a couple of my favorite P&S shots from the previous couple months. I think I have posted them in camera-specific threads here, but not in this one yet:

Minolta Freedom II (35/3.5) - Cracking good lens on this one!
PA011803 by Jeremy, on Flickr

PA011802 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Nikon "One Touch" L35AF3 - Also a good lens, and with some "pro features" like AF lock and flash cancel.
The Berghoff 1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Along the Chicago River 1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Downtown Chicago 19Oct2019 1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

"The Bucket Brigade" by Jeremy, on Flickr

A Tender Moment by Jeremy, on Flickr

On a separate note, I'm on the hunt for an original Olympus Stylus. Can't seem to find one for less than $60. In other words, I'd like one, but not THAT much. I think this is the last film point & shoot my grandpa had before he went digital.

Here are a couple of my favorite P&S shots from the previous couple months. I think I have posted them in camera-specific threads here, but not in this one yet:

Minolta Freedom II (35/3.5) - Cracking good lens on this one!
PA011803 by Jeremy, on Flickr

PA011802 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Nikon "One Touch" L35AF3 - Also a good lens, and with some "pro features" like AF lock and flash cancel.
The Berghoff 1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Along the Chicago River 1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Downtown Chicago 19Oct2019 1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

"The Bucket Brigade" by Jeremy, on Flickr

A Tender Moment by Jeremy, on Flickr

On a separate note, I'm on the hunt for an original Olympus Stylus. Can't seem to find one for less than $60. In other words, I'd like one, but not THAT much. I think this is the last film point & shoot my grandpa had before he went digital.

Very nice! I think Leica sold a rebadged the Minolta Freedom II.

I managed to find an Olympus Stylus (mju) for a good price by a seller on Facebook Marketplace. People who sell there can't be bothered to test a camera, so I can often whittle them down because the cameras are a gamble. This lady was asking $45 for this untested Stylus. I offered her $25, since she didn't know if it worked. (the flashes often crap out) It works!

I bet she picked it up on a trip to Europe, as it's the mju, not the Stylus.

It took a bit of research, but I found out the lens is a triplet, probably why it is an "Olympus Lens" and not a Zuiko. I bet it's a copy of the Zeiss Triotar, as it renders a lot like the lens in my old Rollei B 35 with the Zeiss Triotar: contrasty, sharp, but with soft edges.

Here are some test shots with a new (to me) film, Ilford FP4+. (I love it!) The images are full size scans and hold up well to zooming, so take a close look, if you want!

PB192453 by Jeremy, on Flickr

PB192456 by Jeremy, on Flickr

PB192457 by Jeremy, on Flickr

PB192462 by Jeremy, on Flickr

PB192466 by Jeremy, on Flickr

Very nice! I think Leica sold a rebadged the Minolta Freedom II.

Not sure who rebadged what but there are a lot of similar cameras with a wider variety of names on them.

5%20Cameras%2001-X2.jpg

5%20Cameras%2005-XL.jpg

and

5%20Cameras%2009.jpg

You might like to guess what the last three are...

I guess they all rolled off of the same production line.

Regards, David

Not sure who rebadged what but there are a lot of similar cameras with a wider variety of names on them.

You might like to guess what the last three are...
No clue. What are they?

I guess they all rolled off of the same production line.

I'm not sure. The external molds and silkscreening are different. Maybe they use the same internal assemblies (made in one factory) and were put into their housings in another factory...

5%20Cameras%2007-X2.jpg

The Minolta appears twice for comparison. And it shows one of the advantages of collecting, not that I'm that bothered these days but that's most old age. It's the thought of the AGRIF and FHKOO ending up in a skip that has stopped me...

I am wondering if the same factory made everything. It wouldn't be the first time.

Regards, David

So good photographs in this thread... it has been a pleasure to be looking at this some minutes, slowly, looking at the pictures... Thank you for sharing!

Back