Polaroid 320

shutterfiend

cheap and lazy
Local time
4:43 PM
My wife found it in the garbage. It looks to be in great shape. Missing a battery and film of course. I have just one concern. I don't see the shutter blades/curtains opening when I fire the shutter. Does it need battery/film for the shutter to open?

Needs a battery. According to The Land List Battery Page it uses a #532. It's discontinued, of course.

You can order them from Polaroid and maybe from Radio Shack. Your best bet is eBay. Search for the seller mdbattery. I've always had good luck with him.

I have a Polaroid 220 that I purchased for myself in July 1969. It sat in its case for over thirty years. I finally bought a battery for it from radio shack and some film during the last month. I tried it last week and the photos were awful. If I take the image in very bright sunshine, the photo is almost passable.
My guess is that the "electronic eye" in the camera is faulty.
But I like the format of the camera and I may pick up a Polaroid 180 or 195 someday. Those are manual with complete exposure control.
Eric

Might want to play with the L/D control. The 100 & 200 series Land Cameras are notorious for "dark print syndrome". That's where the print comes out dark even though the L/D switch is set correctly. Try moving it toward L a notch or two.

The 220 also had a plastic lens, whereas the 240 or 250 had a 3 element glass lens.

Back