Polaroid One-Step and Fuji Instant Film?

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
9:13 PM
Okay,

Just pulled my old Time Zero One Step camera out of the drawer. Not sure if it used SX70 film or 600, but with Polaroid out of the picture, I guess it makes little difference.

If I were to start using this camera again, will it take the Fuji instant film?

thanks in advance,

dave

SX-70 film was discontinued a while ago.

The Fuji Instax film and cameras are the only instant products left, but they ARE available.

I believe that pack film and 4 by 5 film is all that is made by Fuji now. I hope they continue. Here is some camera and film information for Polaroid.

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landfilm.htm#P100

And here is a recent color photo of mine done with pack film. I have to tell you women love their portraits done with either B&W or Color Polaroid (the girl in this photo is too young to know the difference). The lenses have a softness that females love.

3077751052_cfee41be09.jpg

You can use 600 film in your Time-Zero camera, just takes a little more work. The SX70 film was much slower than 600, so all your pictures will come out overexposed unless you set the light/dark control all the way over to the dark side. The 600 cartridge will not want to go into the camera, there's little nubbies on the bottom of the film pack that are designed to prevent you from putting this film in the wrong camera (although that's what you're trying to do anyway at this point). Just put a stiff piece of thin cardboard, a playing card, or something similar (the plastic piece that gets ejected from the film pack when you first load it is ideal...save it!) underneath when you slide the film pack in, pull it out once you have the pack in most of the way.

There's some more permanent mods you can do to your camera to deal w/ the exposure difference, but I'd try this first to see if it's worthwhile for you.

And yep. Polaroid is no longer making 600 film either...but you can still find some if you look around. They stopped production on that eariler on in 2008. (whereas sx70 has been out of production for a few years now)

Back